Hey friends, welcome to Parkan: The Imperial Chronicles! This space sim/first person shooter originally debuted in Russia in the late 1990s, and was very difficult to get here in the states. While I have a disk copy of it, I could never get it to run. Thankfully the folks at GOG released the game recently, and it actually runs! The crazy thing is that it’s so ill-explained in the manual that I spend much of this first entry figuring out how to dock with one ship. Seriously, it takes like twenty minutes, not even kidding. I finally do though, and get some crucial info I need to proceed. I then TRY to proceed, but keep getting shot at by these punk robots. Damn them. I also COMPLETELY forgot about a thread that Anatoly from Dos Nostalgia Podcast mentioned on the GOG forums as to how to get a better start on the game, so that’s on me. Ugh, this is a weird first entry, hopefully future entries will be better.
Listen to the Latest Podcast!
On the Next Podcast…
- Game of the Week - Wing Commander: Armada 06/18/2018 – 06/22/2018 This week we'll play with one of the odd Wing Commander stepchildren, Armada
- Podcast #252 - Starfighter: Infinity 06/19/2018 at 6:00 AM – 7:00 AM This week, we'll be talking to the developer of the fantastic space MMO, Starfighter: Infinity.
- LAN Party Thursdays - Borderlands 2 06/21/2018 at 5:30 PM – 6:30 PM Join us for our monthly sojourn to Pandora in Borderlands 2!
- Game of the Week - Wing Commander IV 06/25/2018 – 06/29/2018 It's now time to tackle my favorite of the series, Wing Commander IV.
- Night Off - No Podcast This Week 06/26/2018 Friends, I've got good friends coming into town, so we'll be taking the week off from podcasting.