Welcome to 1993’s Master of Orion, my friends! Since I’ve never really played this game before (I got into strategy games a couple of years after this came out), and the new reboot is getting a lot of attention, I figured I’d give this one a go. With the manual read and the strategy guide in the process of being read, I dive into a new galaxy as my favorites, the Psilons. In this entry, I colonize two planets, lose a scout to some guardians and explore much of my neighborhood. While a lot of stuff is going on, and the interface is very 1993, it also does a great job of informing the player what’s going on. This would’ve likely blown my mind back in ’93, so I’m finding myself suitably impressed.
Listen to the Latest Podcast!
On the Next Podcast…
- Game of the Week - Star Traders: Frontiers 08/13/2018 – 08/17/2018 This week, we'll tackle the expansive space RPG, Star Traders: Frontiers!
- Podcast #257 - The Blight of the Asset Flip 08/14/2018 at 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM Tonight we'll discuss how asset flips are helping to ruin Steam (along with Steam's own lack of action toward them).
- LAN Party Thursdays - Borderlands 2 Month 08/16/2018 at 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM This month, EVERY LAN party will be Borderlands 2, so we can plow through as much of it as possible before Borderlands 3 gets released.
- Game of the Week - Starglider 08/20/2018 – 08/24/2018 By request, I'll dive into the classic space flight sim, the Amiga version of Starglider!
- LAN Party Thursdays - Borderlands 2 Month 08/23/2018 at 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM This month, EVERY LAN party will be Borderlands 2, so we can plow through as much of it as possible before Borderlands 3 gets released.