Welcome to 1993’s Master of Orion, my friends! Since I’ve never really played this game before (I got into strategy games a couple of years after this came out), and the new reboot is getting a lot of attention, I figured I’d give this one a go. With the manual read and the strategy guide in the process of being read, I dive into a new galaxy as my favorites, the Psilons. In this entry, I colonize two planets, lose a scout to some guardians and explore much of my neighborhood. While a lot of stuff is going on, and the interface is very 1993, it also does a great job of informing the player what’s going on. This would’ve likely blown my mind back in ’93, so I’m finding myself suitably impressed.
Listen to the Latest Podcast!
On the Next Podcast…
- Game of the Week - Station 21 and Deep Sixed 02/19/2018 – 02/23/2018 This week, we'll try to tackle the newly-released space station sim, Station 21, along with the spaceship breakdown simulator, Deep Sixed.
- Monthly MMO Meetup - EVE Online 02/25/2018 at 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM This month, we'll be tooling around in EVE Online!
- Game of the Week - Space Tyrant 02/26/2018 – 03/02/2018 This week, we'll engage in some tyrannical space conquest with Space Tyrant!
- Release: Space Tyrant 02/27/2018 Space Tyrant, the fast-playing "5X" game, is slated for release today!
- Podcast #238 - Elite Grievances 02/27/2018 at 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM You've heard us talk about it on the show before, but for this one episode, ALL We're gonna talk about is Elite: Dangerous.