Hello my friends, and welcome to Beyond Sol! In this game, you’re the leader of a newly-established city-state on the rim of Sol-controlled space. The Sol system is dying, so new frontiers need to be conquered and exploited in order to guarantee humanity’s survival. Therefore, you will not only need to lead your own city-state and help it survive and thrive, but co-exist (either peacefully or…not) with other city-states looking for a piece of the same pie. With your fleet, you’ll cross the map for valuable resources, pirates to fight, freighters to save and much more. In this first entry, I establish my new city state in, what I feel, is a pretty sweet area of the map, then work to establish my city as a center of trade and commerce. While I build my city, I also fend off pirates and help friends in distress, all while trying to gather materials to expand and upgrade my ship and my city. It’s a really fun time in a REALLY fun game, so I encourage you to check it out, and thank you for watching.
Listen to the Latest Podcast!
On the Next Podcast…
- Game of the Week - Star Traders: Frontiers 08/13/2018 – 08/17/2018 This week, we'll tackle the expansive space RPG, Star Traders: Frontiers!
- Game of the Week - Starglider 08/20/2018 – 08/24/2018 By request, I'll dive into the classic space flight sim, the Amiga version of Starglider!
- LAN Party Thursdays - Borderlands 2 Month 08/23/2018 at 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM This month, EVERY LAN party will be Borderlands 2, so we can plow through as much of it as possible before Borderlands 3 gets released.
- Game of the Week - Starglider II 08/27/2018 – 08/31/2018 By request, I'll dive into the classic space flight sim, the Amiga version of Starglider II!
- Podcast #259 - Landinar: Into the Void 08/28/2018 at 6:00 AM – 7:00 AM This week we'll talk to the folks behind the space adventure game Landinar: Into the Void!