Hey folks, welcome to a preview of the upcoming space fighter sim Eterium, to be released on Steam on April 15th! We’ve discussed Eterium before on our podcast, but if you’re unfamiliar, it’s a space fighter sim very reminiscient of the first two Wing Commander games in look and feel, but with some modern touches thrown in (like fighters attacking your escort are purple instead of red). I play through the first two missions of the game, and wow did I have a fun, challenging time. This video is based on a beta version of the game, so some stuff still isn’t working 100% yet, but it was pretty stable in my run. I therefore hope you enjoy this quick preview of the game, and invite you to stay tuned as more coverage will be coming as the game comes to Steam. :)
Listen to the Latest Podcast!
On the Next Podcast…
- Game of the Week - Wing Commander: Privateer 01/22/2018 – 02/02/2018 I realized recently I'd never recorded a Wing Commander game, so why not start with the best one? This game is seminal enough, and important enough, that it's getting some extra time. ;)
- Podcast #233 - Can You Go Home Again? 01/23/2018 at 5:30 PM – 7:00 AM For this episode, we'll revisit three games we played when we were twenty, and see if they still hold up today.
- LAN Party Thursdays - Board Game Night! 01/25/2018 at 5:30 PM – 6:30 PM Every fourth Thursday of the month, we'll play a board game!
- Monthly MMO Meetup - EVE Online 01/28/2018 at 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM This quarter, we'll be tooling around in EVE Online!
- Podcast #234 - Unique 4X Games 01/30/2018 at 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM For this episode, we'll talk about unique 4X games (such as the recently-covered Warpath games) and what other 4X games could be doing to make them stand out more.