In this episode of Glory to the Gamepad, I dive into the new hotness in space sims, Elite: Dangerous, to see if moving from my beloved HOTAS (now with rudder pedals!) setup to a gamepad makes the game any less fun or immersive. To my shock (and moderate horror), I found myself not only not feeling any less immersed within the amazing universe the game presents the player, but I might have enjoyed myself MORE. I feel like I’m betraying my roots or some such. Regardless, if you’ve wondered whether a gamepad can be playable with this, the answer is yes, but with caveats. I would’ve likely had a much less fun time if I didn’t have Voice Attack and EDTracker as well. That said, enjoy this new entry, and thank you for watching.
Listen to the Latest Podcast!
On the Next Podcast…
- Game of the Week - Station 21 and Deep Sixed 02/19/2018 – 02/23/2018 This week, we'll try to tackle the newly-released space station sim, Station 21, along with the spaceship breakdown simulator, Deep Sixed.
- Podcast #237 - Starmancer 02/20/2018 at 5:30 PM – 6:30 PM This week, we'll be talking to the folks behind the currently Kickstarting space station sim, Starmancer.
- LAN Party Thursdays - D&D Lords of Waterdeep 02/22/2018 at 5:30 PM – 6:30 PM For board game night this month, we'll be playing D&D Lords of Waterdeep!
- Monthly MMO Meetup - EVE Online 02/25/2018 at 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM This month, we'll be tooling around in EVE Online!
- Game of the Week - Space Tyrant 02/26/2018 – 03/02/2018 This week, we'll engage in some tyrannical space conquest with Space Tyrant!