In this episode of Glory to the Gamepad, I dive into the new hotness in space sims, Elite: Dangerous, to see if moving from my beloved HOTAS (now with rudder pedals!) setup to a gamepad makes the game any less fun or immersive. To my shock (and moderate horror), I found myself not only not feeling any less immersed within the amazing universe the game presents the player, but I might have enjoyed myself MORE. I feel like I’m betraying my roots or some such. Regardless, if you’ve wondered whether a gamepad can be playable with this, the answer is yes, but with caveats. I would’ve likely had a much less fun time if I didn’t have Voice Attack and EDTracker as well. That said, enjoy this new entry, and thank you for watching.
Listen to the Latest Podcast!
On the Next Podcast…
- Game of the Week - Star Traders: Frontiers 08/13/2018 – 08/17/2018 This week, we'll tackle the expansive space RPG, Star Traders: Frontiers!
- Podcast #257 - The Blight of the Asset Flip 08/14/2018 at 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM Tonight we'll discuss how asset flips are helping to ruin Steam (along with Steam's own lack of action toward them).
- LAN Party Thursdays - Borderlands 2 Month 08/16/2018 at 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM This month, EVERY LAN party will be Borderlands 2, so we can plow through as much of it as possible before Borderlands 3 gets released.
- Game of the Week - Starglider 08/20/2018 – 08/24/2018 By request, I'll dive into the classic space flight sim, the Amiga version of Starglider!
- LAN Party Thursdays - Borderlands 2 Month 08/23/2018 at 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM This month, EVERY LAN party will be Borderlands 2, so we can plow through as much of it as possible before Borderlands 3 gets released.