Star Citizen’s Arena Commander module just had a big update to 1.1. New ships, new flight model, new lots of things. I decided to take a break from other games that will remain nameless in order to see how the game feels, going through a few rounds of combat along with free flight. This time I’m using a simple Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 for control, rather than a gamepad, to see how the flight model feels with an actual stick. What I find is a game that feels a bit improved from the last time I played it, but still feels like it has a long way to go. The flight model is a bit too “spinny” for my tastes, the HUD needs some work for better situational awareness, and the controls could be better. It’s still an improvement though, so I’ll take it, but still, if you’re looking to jump in and are looking for a complete game, you’ll have to wait a bit. If, however, you don’t mind jumping in super early where there isn’t much of a there there yet, it’s not too bad. Thanks for watching!
Listen to the Latest Podcast!
On the Next Podcast…
- Game of the Week - Station 21 and Deep Sixed 02/19/2018 – 02/23/2018 This week, we'll try to tackle the newly-released space station sim, Station 21, along with the spaceship breakdown simulator, Deep Sixed.
- Monthly MMO Meetup - EVE Online 02/25/2018 at 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM This month, we'll be tooling around in EVE Online!
- Game of the Week - Space Tyrant 02/26/2018 – 03/02/2018 This week, we'll engage in some tyrannical space conquest with Space Tyrant!
- Release: Space Tyrant 02/27/2018 Space Tyrant, the fast-playing "5X" game, is slated for release today!
- Podcast #238 - Elite Grievances 02/27/2018 at 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM You've heard us talk about it on the show before, but for this one episode, ALL We're gonna talk about is Elite: Dangerous.