Welcome to Solar Vengeance my friends! In this, the 8th iteration of the game, I take on a few rounds against the AI and lose both times because clearly they know how to play the game better than I do, to their credit. This game is one of simple territorial conquest. Use ships to snag planets, use resources on planets to build more ships, use ships to snag and protect planets, and so on. It’s not a boring formula, as other games have done it before, but something about the execution here leaves a bit to be desired. The entire time I was playing this, I kept thinking about other games I could play, which is a shame. I don’t think this is a bad game, it just didn’t engage me as many space games do. I’m not even sure why, exactly, but something about it just prevented it from clicking with me. Don’t just take my word for it though, it’s free, so check it out yourself if you’re so inclined. Thanks for watching!
Listen to the Latest Podcast!
On the Next Podcast…
- Game of the Week - Wing Commander: Armada 06/18/2018 – 06/22/2018 This week we'll play with one of the odd Wing Commander stepchildren, Armada
- Game of the Week - Wing Commander IV 06/25/2018 – 06/29/2018 It's now time to tackle my favorite of the series, Wing Commander IV.
- Night Off - No Podcast This Week 06/26/2018 Friends, I've got good friends coming into town, so we'll be taking the week off from podcasting.
- LAN Party Thursdays - Borderlands 2 06/28/2018 at 5:30 PM – 6:30 PM Join us for our monthly sojourn to Pandora in Borderlands 2!
- Game of the Week - Wing Commander Prophecy 07/02/2018 – 07/06/2018 This week, we'll toy with the final in the much-beloved Wing Commander series, Prophecy.