Welcome to 3030 Deathwar Redux my friends! In this new iteration of a beloved 2007 game, you play John Falcon, scavenger, adventurer, taxi driver and so on. This is a top down space adventure and combat game akin to Escape Velocity and other games of this ilk, with a very intentional 80s aesthetic in terms of look, feel, music, etc. The writing is funny, the music is amazing, and the gameplay is damned fun and engaging. In this entry, after a stupid little death, I take on a mission to photograph someone on a station, which takes me a long way from my usual stomping grounds, but it’s a good excuse to explore and unveil several systems in the game for later reference. It makes for a fun little space road trip. I then do a small cargo hauling mission. This game is really awesome you guys, so I do encourage y’all to check it out. Also of note, I’m using a ModMic Omni 4.0 for review purposes for this entry, and it’s a mic that can connect to any headset. Pretty nifty!
Listen to the Latest Podcast!
On the Next Podcast…
- Game of the Week - Station 21 and Deep Sixed 02/19/2018 – 02/23/2018 This week, we'll try to tackle the newly-released space station sim, Station 21, along with the spaceship breakdown simulator, Deep Sixed.
- LAN Party Thursdays - D&D Lords of Waterdeep 02/22/2018 at 5:30 PM – 6:30 PM For board game night this month, we'll be playing D&D Lords of Waterdeep!
- Monthly MMO Meetup - EVE Online 02/25/2018 at 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM This month, we'll be tooling around in EVE Online!
- Game of the Week - Space Tyrant 02/26/2018 – 03/02/2018 This week, we'll engage in some tyrannical space conquest with Space Tyrant!
- Release: Space Tyrant 02/27/2018 Space Tyrant, the fast-playing "5X" game, is slated for release today!