Welcome to Empyrion my friends! This is an early access survival and building game in which you can play in two modes. The first, Survival, has you digging for ore and other materials in order to survive on a harsh planet that you’ve crashed upon, managing oxygen, food and so on. Creative mode eschews all that and allows you to just build and explore at your own pace. In this video, I spend much of my time in creative mode to try out the engine, which is just fantastic. I’m not sure where the gameplay is yet, as even my attempts at survival mode before this video showed no larger goals or objectives beyond simple survival, but I’m sure those will be added as the game works its way through early access. Even so, just flying around in the engine was a lot of fun, and showed tremendous potential for building space stations, fighters, full capital ships and more. I hope you enjoy my look at the game, and I thank you for watching.
Listen to the Latest Podcast!
On the Next Podcast…
- Monthly MMO Meetup - EVE Online 02/25/2018 at 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM This month, we'll be tooling around in EVE Online!
- Game of the Week - Space Tyrant 02/26/2018 – 03/02/2018 This week, we'll engage in some tyrannical space conquest with Space Tyrant!
- Release: Space Tyrant 02/27/2018 Space Tyrant, the fast-playing "5X" game, is slated for release today!
- Podcast #238 - Elite Grievances 02/27/2018 at 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM You've heard us talk about it on the show before, but for this one episode, ALL We're gonna talk about is Elite: Dangerous.
- LAN Party Thursdays - Guns of Icarus Alliance 03/01/2018 at 5:30 PM – 6:30 PM This week we'll be returning to the co-op steamship combat game, Guns of Icarus Alliance!