This Week’s Gaming Thoughts
Welcome to a new version of my weekly article, my friends. I came to realize that not only were my check-in and discussion articles becoming, in my brain, a bit redundant but that I’d always wait to do them at the last moment, adding stress and anxiety that I didn’t need. I’m revising this weekly gaming check-in thing to be something I can fill out throughout the week, which will make my life easier and hopefully make these articles better.
One thing I struggle with right now is finding time for gaming just for myself. You might wonder, “You play games for hours every day, isn’t that enough?” It’s kinda not, because when on stream/recording, you’re performing, and you can’t truly relax. Finding time for relaxation gaming is key to me not getting burned out on all this. I might have to actually put time on the calendar to schedule it, I don’t know yet.
What I’ve Been Playing This Past Week
- Steel Armor: Blaze of War – Still trying to figure out the driving tutorial, but wow it looks like it’s gonna be great. I’m always better at being in direct control of one vehicle rather than trying to manage several at once.
- Citystate – An interesting take, so far, on the city builder which focuses more on the macro and the political than the micro.
- Super Arcade Racing and Roadclub: League Racing – Both top-down 2D racers that each offer a fun and varied arcade experience.
- Project Warlock – So far this is a great old-school shooter that I’m really enjoying.
What I’m Planning on Playing This Coming Week
- Assassin’s Creed: Origins – Things are starting to heat up for Bayek, and after thirty hours, I need to see this through.
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X – Gotta do the training missions so I’m better prepared for the next Air Hauler 2 stream later this month.
Gaming Question of the Week
What’s The Game You’ve Felt You’ve Needed the Most Education to Succeed?
So as I said, I’m gonna be going through all the flight training of Microsoft Flight Simulator X in order to be able to not only locate a runway, but successfully land at it. I usually don’t dive too deep into games like this, usually lacking the patience to do any kind of serious training, but in this case, I plan to dive in head first.
That brings me to my question. Is there a game wherein you’ve dedicated time and effort into learning its inner workings? Not just by playing it, but by maybe watching videos or doing tutorials and the like? I can’t wait to read your answers below!
Top Clip of the Past Week
I recently joined a community called Pipeline, which is a closed, paid community of professional streamers trying to help newer streamers such as myself gain traction in our goals. After a recent mentorship session, I’ve been convinced I need to start making clips, so starting next week, this is where my favorite clip of the previous week will go.
That’ll do it for this week. If you have any questions or comments about this new format, I’d love to hear it, so please hit me up below. Thanks for reading!