Short But Sweet – Hailing Frequencies Open for 6/27/17
Welcome to Podcast Day my friends! I gotta tell y’all, I am so tired. I dunno if it’s heat or stress or what, but I’ve not been sleeping well at ALL of late, and it’s really taking a toll. I got less than six hours of sleep last night, and I think it’s only thanks to Monster Energy that I’m not asleep on the keyboard (don’t worry, I only ingest Monster on days like today). Let’s start off talking about today’s video!
I’m impressed with how well Galactic Civilizations II is holding up so far. Yes it’s a decade-old game with a fully-functional (and awesome) sequel, and yet that doesn’t take away from this game. In today’s video, since we’re playing in a small galaxy, I begin to bounce off the edge of said galaxy, and run out of room. Therefore I have to focus inward on making the most of what I have. This involves being able to unlock planets in my existing territory for future colonization. The small map means the game is moving fast, and I’m already approaching the mid-game. Unlike some other games, the mid-game here is actually really fun, and keeps a brisk pace with continued decisions the player has to make in order to keep things moving forward. I have to say, so far I’m impressed.
So this is gonna be a short entry because last night, the only gaming I was able to sneak in was recording footage of Spacecats with Lasers to use for tonight’s podcast. It’s a fun twin-stick arena shooter with kitties, and I had a great time with it. I like when games let you switch between keyboard and gamepad automagically, so I found when I switched to the keyboard/mouse, I did way better. Can’t wait to talk to the devs tonight!
Alright, onto the news!
- Space Odyssey, a spacey exploration game, has dropped on Steam, and it’s super cheap. Check it out.
- Race for the Galaxy, which looks to be a card-based 4X game thing, also dropped on Steam.
- The developer of Astrox has posted two more photos of this Astrox Imperium thing. I hope we learn more soon.
- Interstellar Rift will be getting permanent stations according to this developer log.
- Battlefleet Gothic: Armada is the center of a new BFG Championship tournament!
- Station 21 – Space Station Simulator (which I still have to play) got a teensy patch.
- Star Fleet Armada Rogue Adventures has its latest patch live again!
- Angels Fall First got a hotfix for its latest big update which fixes a ton of stuff.
Finally, in deals, GamersGate is having a Star Wars game sale which includes all of the X-Wing games for around $2 each, which is pretty decent if you somehow don’t already own them.
That’s it for today! See y’all tonight on the podcast! Have a great day!