Hello my friends, and welcome to Podcast Day, or Tuesday to everyone else! ;) Tonight we have no guest (they fell through, sadly), which ultimately might be a good thing. I feel a bit rusty after a couple weeks off, and everything surrounding the wedding just robbed me of my mental energy, so this’ll be a good way to get back on the horse, as it were. Tonight we’ll talk about 2017 so far, because it’s been an AMAZING year. Did you know at least two dozen space games have already been fully released? This isn’t counting all the early access stuff as well, that’s just stuff that’s hit 1.0. If this keeps up, we’ll be on track to beat 2016 in the number of released space games. Now a disclaimer, that number doesn’t include EVERYTHING, as I’m sure there’s some $2 space shooter I missed along the way, but still, two dozen serious, major titles, and most of them awesome. That’s a helluva year.
Moving on, today’s video still has us in the early part of the Tachyon: The Fringe campaign. Today’s video involves dealing with some tricksy spy satellites, followed by dealing with some pie rats. It’s very fun and fast paced, and I’m having a blast. This is the early honeymoon phase though before stuff hits the proverbial fan (not fun-wise, but in the game itself). I am really, really enjoying myself so far.
Sadly last night I didn’t have the brainpower to actually play anything. THAT’S when you know I’ve been crazy at work. It was my first day back after vacation, so there was a lot to deal with, and all I had left was space for some episodes of Star Trek: The Next Generation. Not that that’s a BAD thing, really, as TNG is almost always a good time (I did say almost. I’m looking at you, “Sub Rosa”). I should have time later in the week to play stuff though, but last night was a total wash, sadly.
Anyway, enough about me, onto the news!
- Initiative’s Kickstarter launched today. It’s a really neat looking colonization sim, so check it out!
- Star Fleet Armada Rogue Adventures has a massive, MASSIVE new patch which adds and changes too much for me to list here. Yay!
- The Vacuum’s developer let me know about their top down space adventure game thing, which is free, so check it out!
- Transcendence is getting a new expansion called The Vault of the Galaxy!
- No Man’s Sky has a new patch which adds a ton of fixes.
- Battlestar Galactica Deadlock shows off its Nemesis class corvette with help from Spacedock.
- Star Explorers has a new beta patch which adds new grass, leaves and more.
- Ancient Frontier has a preview of the Federation Crusader class Battleship for all of us to gawk at.
That’s it for today y’all! Have a lovely day, and we’ll see y’all on the show tonight!