X3: Albion Prelude Announced Out of Nowhere!
Well surprise, surprise, surprise. Out of nowhere, this morning I see a press release for a new game entitled X3: Albion Prelude. This new space game is a result of a new publishing deal between Deep Silver and Egosoft, and is due for release on December 15th…that’s next freaking Friday! Talk about keeping this close to the chest. Click below for more.
The press release describes the game as so:
X³: Albion Prelude takes place in a time between the old and the new X Universe. It shows a universe in flux, and prepares players for things to come. The old X Universe is passing; a new X Universe is about to be created.
Huh, sounds kinda nifty. Also, new features of the game include:
– A new plot throws you into the power struggle between corporations at a time of war.
– More than 30 new ships and stations
– New Stock Exchange feature allows advanced investment strategies
– Improved graphics quality setting for high-end machines
– Improved user interface introducing charts to visualize economic developments
– Support for head tracking
If you already purchased the X Superbox, you get to download X3:AB for free through Steam. If you already have X3: Terran Conflict, X3:AB will cost $9.99. You can also get a bundle with both X3: TC and AB for $19.99.
I’ll bring you more info on this game as I get it, and I’ll also see if I can slip it into my review schedule once it comes out…if my PC can run it. ;) For now, please enjoy a trailer and some artwork. :)