Spacey Gamey News and Deals 5/2-3/13: It’s a Newsalanche! ;)
Haaaahahahaha I’mmmmm funny. ;) Helllooooo everyone, and happy Friday! Sorry about not posting the news yesterday, just had too much on my plate to fit it in. I also wanted to get today’s StarDrive review out post haste. ;) All that said, there’s a loooooot of news to go over, so let’s take a look see!
- EVE Online – Holy crap a lot of news for this one. From the official site, we get a look at The Big Lottery as well as a look at their tenth year celebration. They also have word of a 1,000 Rifter flight taking place this weekend, which is being organized on the forums. From The Mittani, we have a look at live FanFest events, word of an N3 coalition meeting, an interview with one of the fleet commanders of E-Uni and a story about an in-game neighborhood watch. Eurogamer and Giant Bomb have their own looks at FanFest. Finally, from Rock, Paper Shotgun, they have an interview with CCP’s internal economist (OMG they have one of those?!) Dr Eyjólfur Guðmundsson about the game’s free market system. Sheeeeesh.
- Star Citizen – On the official site, part five of the writer’s guide has been released, there’s new concept art and a fan spotlight (video below), and finally a video look at their new motion capture system and a visit from the folks at Behaviour Interactive.
- StarDrive – More reviews are trickling in, this time from CultureMass, FleshEatingZipper, GamingShogun, Nerd Age and MIT’s The Tech. Wowie.
- Elite: Dangerous – My buddy Wild Bill sent along his copy of the latest newsletter for all of us to enjoy. Thanks man!
- Endless Space – If you’re in or near Paris, France, join the Amplitude team on May 24th for their second BEER2GETHER event.
- Drox Operative – In a Facebook post, dev Steven Peeler posted a new tidbit about the upcoming expansion. ;)
- StarMade – There’s a new update that supposedly includes a lot of performance upgrades.
- Void of Darkness – Apparently the game is coming to Desura (yay!) and so much preparing needs to happen beforehand.
- Star Trek Online – There’s a new Legacy of Romulus dev blog, as well as a new episode of “On Screen” which also includes a visit from Denise Crosby! This will also be embedded below.
- Icarus Ascends – Over on our own forum, there’s a new video (embedded below) and some sexy screenshots from the dev. Great stuff.
- Star Trek: NCC1701 – I was shown this new game the other night before the podcast. It appears to be, at current, a shuttle flight sim where you can fly around and land in the Constitution-class Enterprise. Looks nifty.
- Edge of Space – Thanks to Eurogamer for letting us know this game was in the latest ground to be accepted on Steam Greenlight. Congrats to the devs!
- Homeworld – RTSGuru included the original game in their article, “Five Groundbreaking RTSes of Yesteryear”.
- Nexus: The Jupiter Incident – There’s a great new fan tribute video to the game I found on Twitter this morning. I’ll also be embedded below.
- Epic Space Game – There’s a new update with updated rewards, new exploration discoveries and so on.
Next up, there are some deals for y’all, including:
- First off, GOG is having an EA weekend sale, which includes these games for $2.39 each:
- Steam is having a sale on its Stardock Combo Pack, which includes Galactic Civilizations I: Ultimate Edition, Galactic Civilizations II: Ultimate Edition, Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion and some other games for $44.99
- Finally, you can get Stellar Impact over on Green Man Gaming for $2.49 (if you REALLY want to, that is…)
In semi-related gaming news, the latest Science Behind the Sci-Fi newsletter is out for your reading pleasure. Also, the AMAZING game Particle Systems made before the Independence War games, Subwar 2050, is now on GOG. Then, SpaceSector has an article on living universes in 4X games, which expains a bit part of my beef with StarDrive. :/
Finally, the dev behind Project Starlifter — which is something akin to Lunar Lander with models being controlled by an iPhone — now has an Indiegogo campaign, so please check it out.
That’s it folks. Have an awesome weekend!!!