Weekly Gaming Thoughts
So I don’t know what to write this week. I mean, I’m back on the LOTRO train in a big way, and Strike Fighters 2 continues to be a pleasantly surprising challenge. I get shot down far more than I expected I would be when I first got the game, meaning the AI is better than I expected going in. This is good because while I’ve lost at least a dozen or more campaigns at this point, I learn a little more every time. Last week went by so fast though, I’m not sure what else to write.
What I’ve Been Playing
- Lord of the Rings Online – Obviously. When this game gets its hooks in me, it’s deeeeeep. I know it’s not the most populated or prettiest MMO out there, but for some reason the combination of its writing, lore, combat and world really just click with me.
- Dying Light – Spaz suggested that, between our sessions, I do some side missions to get them out of the way, since he’s done them already. My god y’all I can’t tell you how fun it is just moving through this world. I also love how they reward you for just about anything you do, whether it’s a particularly good jump or heatshotting some zombies. SO FUN. I also can’t believe how pretty it is.
- Strike Fighters 2 – I lost both an A-10 and an F-105 campaign this week. I got several missions into each but was taken down by something I didn’t see in time, an AAA gun and a bogie, respectfully. Still having a great time though!
What I’m Planning on Playing
- Destiny 2 – I only dabbled a bit with this one last week, so I hope to play a little more this week, as the gunplay is REALLY satisfying all around.
Welp, this was a weird entry, but I hope y’all enjoyed it. What are you guys all playing?
4 thoughts on “Sometimes I’m Not Sure What to Write – Weekly Gaming Check-in for 11/17/19”
1. When I fail a mission, I usually do not accept the outcome. So I do not usually lose a campaign (Since it’s very hard to dogfight a Hunter, with a fully loaded A-4C!!!!). Although I lost one campaign, by failing two missions in a row!! (1959 – Desert Sands campaign, imho).
2. Map is your friend!!! Since it updates regularly, you can always see, what lies ahead!!
Wait, you don’t have to accept the outcome when you lose?
No!! You can repeat the mission, without accepting the result!!!
Holy. Crap. I had no idea.