Change List for Upcoming S.P.A.Z. 1.0 Update
Over on my favorite forum, Quarter to Three, one of the programmers of Space Pirates and Zombies has posted a list of the changes in the upcoming 1.0 patch to be released on August 15th, and boy is it a doozy! Take a look after the jump…
This was kinda too long to NOT use the “more” tag. ;)
I have posted a raw list of a lot of the upgrades coming August 15th. I have not hit that magic 50 post limit or I would post a link. Anyhow what I can do is post the list here… Just thought of that. The brain it pretty tired these days, pushing for final.
– side missions
– doubled critter shield damage.
– higher critter health
– smoother critter spawning
– cull extra effects when frame rate is low.
– critter updates optimized
– Added stored designs for each hangar for easy switching
– Added a reset design button to reset the design to the current ship
– Fixed repaired ships inheriting current design instead of just fixing current ship
– added cloning system
– update checker
– in game upcoming feature list
– difficulty levels
– self destructing ships cut their engines to drift into targets
– ships have a sense of self preservation (avoid exploding ships, if it will do major harm)
– Added cloaking stealth damage 1.5x + specialist and research boosts.
– Cloaking booster hooked up properly
– Added Surplus cloaking device.
– zombie killers have shields
– zombie killers have armor
– on killer conversion shields and armor gone but will repair
– zombie ships cannot spawn eggs for 5 seconds after birth.
– ruptured eggs cause greater damage to the spawned ship.
– rammed zombie critters do double damage but go splat
– added an extra set of 3 intro stars to make game start more sane
– critters damage shields armor and hull over time, progressivly
– armor must be < 25% for critters to invade - hull must be < 50% for critters to invade. - zombie ship repair rate lowered - doubled boarding combat speed - zombies will not fire on infected ships. - ai should not attack spaced goons anymore - zombie tech level scales with the progress toward the final battle. instead of being locked at 90 - level down difficulty option (one way only) - goon pods added. - increased data cube lifetime - mass bombs inherit ship velocity - mass bombs now explode to drop a gravity well (does not effect allies) - mass bomb flight time effects grav well radius. - research damagestrength effects wisp damage too - research damagestrength also effects strength of gravity well. - mass bombs impact with high projectile damage - hunter srms are do ion damage but can hunt cloakers too (ion damage trippled) - lowred SRM count. spamming was overpowered. (also cpu pig) - launcher boosters from 25% bonus to 20% bonus to reload speed. - slight increase to missile reload times - slight increase in power consume for missiles - escorted ships get much less angry from friendly fire. - mass bombs no longer player pilotable. fire like torps now - upped mission counts in general and made metagame changers more common - lowered spread on scatter and particle cannons - drone bombers do high explosive damage - increase to disruptor cannon damage and speed - particle cannons, shoot 2x as fast as disruptors, do universal damage, shorter range than cannons, more power effieient shoot 6 shots at a time - scatter cannons longer range and do ion damage. - tractor beams work while cloaked - Added option to turn off auto pause on lose focus - Autotarget and first press of prev or next target target closest to reticule - targeting system will target the ship under the reticule on prev or next target pressed, always - inertial engines upgraded. Better top speed and acceleration. Very nice engine now. - removed inertial engines ambient damping - ai avoids wisps dropped by mass bombs - leech beams 40% weaker. - +50% goons cap, 20% default goons - tutorial skipper - more turns between zombie attacks - leech beams effect zombie killers but not breeders - ion damage effects zombie killers but not breeders - dont allow zombie ships to shoot crew pods - turret firing mode made global and saved - collection mode made global and saved - request crew hotkey added (M) - lots of upgrades for mines. beware. - AI better at deploying minefields. - mine droppers cloak disrupts when they lay a mine - Achievements (Steam)Well back to play testing for me. I hope you guys enjoy 1.0
I know I can’t wait to test this sucker out next week.