Welcome to Starlight Tactics my friends! In this quasi-sequel…thing…to last year’s Starlight Inception (it seems to take place at the same time as that game, I think), you take command of large capital ships of varying size and capability in order to bring ruin to the enemy. You can take control of two factions (though only one appears available when you begin the game) and then use command points to “purchase” ships that you’ll use in battle. Once you have a fleet, you’ll take them into a series of linear missions in which you’ll face a variety of foes. In each mission, you’ll use 3D maneuvering to aim your guns (which have limited arcs) at the enemy for successful hits. In this video, I go through a few missions that feel pretty dang samey (you always seem to materialize right next to the enemy, rather than have any kind of varied tactical positioning) and have a decent enough time due to the interesting 3D maneuvering and combat, but the game is missing some things that would be helpful, such as visible planes to help us orient our ships, for example. While this doesn’t seem to be an outright terrible game based on my time with it — and it was at the beginning, let me tell ya — it just seems…unfinished in a lot of ways, enough that I can’t really recommend it unless you’re a die-hard space naval fanatic and a completionist like me. ;) Thanks for watching!
Listen to the Latest Podcast!
On the Next Podcast…
- Game of the Week - Wing Commander IV 06/25/2018 – 06/29/2018 It's now time to tackle my favorite of the series, Wing Commander IV.
- Night Off - No Podcast This Week 06/26/2018 Friends, I've got good friends coming into town, so we'll be taking the week off from podcasting.
- LAN Party Thursdays - Borderlands 2 06/28/2018 at 5:30 PM – 6:30 PM Join us for our monthly sojourn to Pandora in Borderlands 2!
- Game of the Week - Wing Commander Prophecy 07/02/2018 – 07/06/2018 This week, we'll toy with the final in the much-beloved Wing Commander series, Prophecy.
- Podcast #253 - DLC (Damn Lacking Content) 07/03/2018 at 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM This week on the show, we'll be returning to the topic of DLC.