Hello my friends, and welcome to 1994’s Star Crusader, by Gametek! This first person space flight sim came out at a poor time, as it competed basically with TIE Fighter and Wing Commander 3. It has quite a lot going for it too, from a detailed universe to tons of varied missions to moral choices and much more. I hope to take you through quite a bit of the game in the next two weeks so you can see for yourself. In this first entry, I force you to watch ALL OF THE OPENING CUTSCENES WITH ME. Seriously, if I have to watch ’em, so do you. ;) I then take us on our first mission in the Rift, to destroy some freighters. Let’s see where we go next!
Listen to the Latest Podcast!
On the Next Podcast…
- Game of the Week - Star Traders: Frontiers 08/13/2018 – 08/17/2018 This week, we'll tackle the expansive space RPG, Star Traders: Frontiers!
- Podcast #257 - The Blight of the Asset Flip 08/14/2018 at 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM Tonight we'll discuss how asset flips are helping to ruin Steam (along with Steam's own lack of action toward them).
- LAN Party Thursdays - Borderlands 2 Month 08/16/2018 at 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM This month, EVERY LAN party will be Borderlands 2, so we can plow through as much of it as possible before Borderlands 3 gets released.
- Game of the Week - Starglider 08/20/2018 – 08/24/2018 By request, I'll dive into the classic space flight sim, the Amiga version of Starglider!
- LAN Party Thursdays - Borderlands 2 Month 08/23/2018 at 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM This month, EVERY LAN party will be Borderlands 2, so we can plow through as much of it as possible before Borderlands 3 gets released.