Welcome to a new Let’s Play series covering the recently released fleet-based roguelike, Distant Star: Revenant Fleet. This game is kinda FTL-like in how you jump from sector to sector, fighting enemies along the way and dealing with moral dilemmas, but is different in that you deal with fleets rather than the intricate workings of one individual ship. In some ways that works better for me because, since I’m not seeing individual crew members dying, it doesn’t ping my anxiety. This game, however, can be so damn difficult at times that it gives me anxiety about THAT. ;) That said, I still had a great time making my way across the map one sector at a time. The game presented interesting choices, is well-written, and the combat — as tough as it can be — is visceral and enjoyable. We’ll see how far I get in the game, so stay tuned, and thanks for watching!
Listen to the Latest Podcast!
On the Next Podcast…
- Game of the Week - Wing Commander: Armada 06/18/2018 – 06/22/2018 This week we'll play with one of the odd Wing Commander stepchildren, Armada
- LAN Party Thursdays - Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Martyr 06/21/2018 at 5:30 PM – 6:30 PM This week we'll return to the fantastic Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Martyr!
- Game of the Week - Wing Commander IV 06/25/2018 – 06/29/2018 It's now time to tackle my favorite of the series, Wing Commander IV.
- Night Off - No Podcast This Week 06/26/2018 Friends, I've got good friends coming into town, so we'll be taking the week off from podcasting.
- LAN Party Thursdays - Borderlands 2 06/28/2018 at 5:30 PM – 6:30 PM Join us for our monthly sojourn to Pandora in Borderlands 2!