In the mid aughts, I took a break from gaming for a year or two because, before then, I’d used it mostly for escapism. I stopped playing so I could face my demons and conquer them. Having pretty much done both through therapy, hard work and amazing support, I still didn’t feel a rush to return to gaming…until Parkan II appeared on GamersGate. Parkan II is a quirky Russian space sim/first person shooter that is pretty damned amazing in a lot of ways. You can not only fly ships, but board them and steal them, conquer planets, take control of outposts and so on. It’s a very fun, quirky game that has a special place in my heart. Well, imagine my shock when the game appeared on Steam recently. I therefore figured I should make something of an introductory video for folks going “what the heck is this?” in order to help folks get just how awesome this game is. I was only planning on this one video at the moment, but if you’d like me to do more, just ask. :) Thanks for watching, and enjoy!
Listen to the Latest Podcast!
On the Next Podcast…
- Monthly MMO Meetup - EVE Online 02/25/2018 at 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM This month, we'll be tooling around in EVE Online!
- Game of the Week - Space Tyrant 02/26/2018 – 03/02/2018 This week, we'll engage in some tyrannical space conquest with Space Tyrant!
- Release: Space Tyrant 02/27/2018 Space Tyrant, the fast-playing "5X" game, is slated for release today!
- Podcast #238 - Elite Grievances 02/27/2018 at 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM You've heard us talk about it on the show before, but for this one episode, ALL We're gonna talk about is Elite: Dangerous.
- LAN Party Thursdays - Guns of Icarus Alliance 03/01/2018 at 5:30 PM – 6:30 PM This week we'll be returning to the co-op steamship combat game, Guns of Icarus Alliance!