In the mid aughts, I took a break from gaming for a year or two because, before then, I’d used it mostly for escapism. I stopped playing so I could face my demons and conquer them. Having pretty much done both through therapy, hard work and amazing support, I still didn’t feel a rush to return to gaming…until Parkan II appeared on GamersGate. Parkan II is a quirky Russian space sim/first person shooter that is pretty damned amazing in a lot of ways. You can not only fly ships, but board them and steal them, conquer planets, take control of outposts and so on. It’s a very fun, quirky game that has a special place in my heart. Well, imagine my shock when the game appeared on Steam recently. I therefore figured I should make something of an introductory video for folks going “what the heck is this?” in order to help folks get just how awesome this game is. I was only planning on this one video at the moment, but if you’d like me to do more, just ask. :) Thanks for watching, and enjoy!
Listen to the Latest Podcast!
On the Next Podcast…
- Game of the Week - Star Traders: Frontiers 08/13/2018 – 08/17/2018 This week, we'll tackle the expansive space RPG, Star Traders: Frontiers!
- Podcast #257 - The Blight of the Asset Flip 08/14/2018 at 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM Tonight we'll discuss how asset flips are helping to ruin Steam (along with Steam's own lack of action toward them).
- LAN Party Thursdays - Borderlands 2 Month 08/16/2018 at 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM This month, EVERY LAN party will be Borderlands 2, so we can plow through as much of it as possible before Borderlands 3 gets released.
- Game of the Week - Starglider 08/20/2018 – 08/24/2018 By request, I'll dive into the classic space flight sim, the Amiga version of Starglider!
- LAN Party Thursdays - Borderlands 2 Month 08/23/2018 at 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM This month, EVERY LAN party will be Borderlands 2, so we can plow through as much of it as possible before Borderlands 3 gets released.