I love discovering new games. It’s part of the reason I began Space Game Junkie. Recently I was perusing MobyGames when I came across a game from 1993 (one of my favorite years in space gaming thanks to Privateer) called Command Adventures: Starship. It looked like a cross between Starflight and Sentinel Worlds, and I was shocked that I’d somehow missed it at the time. Therefore I hope you’ll join me for what will hopefully be an enlightening bout of ground and space combat, as this game has it all, it seems. :) You can fight in space, board ships and land on planets in order to claim them. You can upgrade your current ship and buy new ones, sell stuff you find on planets and more. It’s a surprising amount of stuff for what seems to be a relatively small release at the time. In this first entry, I’ll go through race selection, starbase basics, space and boarding combat, and planet claiming. I hope you enjoy this new game of the month, and I thank you for watching!
Listen to the Latest Podcast!
On the Next Podcast…
- Game of the Week - Wing Commander IV 06/25/2018 – 06/29/2018 It's now time to tackle my favorite of the series, Wing Commander IV.
- Night Off - No Podcast This Week 06/26/2018 Friends, I've got good friends coming into town, so we'll be taking the week off from podcasting.
- LAN Party Thursdays - Borderlands 2 06/28/2018 at 5:30 PM – 6:30 PM Join us for our monthly sojourn to Pandora in Borderlands 2!
- Game of the Week - Wing Commander Prophecy 07/02/2018 – 07/06/2018 This week, we'll toy with the final in the much-beloved Wing Commander series, Prophecy.
- Podcast #253 - DLC (Damn Lacking Content) 07/03/2018 at 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM This week on the show, we'll be returning to the topic of DLC.