Welcome to this final entry in Stellaris, my friends. In this final entry, I grow my empire large enough to be forced to make an automated sector, which is a neat idea that I like a lot. Overall, this is not a bad 4X. Is it the best 4X ever? No, that honor still goes to Distant Worlds, in my mind. While this is pretty, competent, well-designed and fun, it lacks certain things that Distant Worlds has spoiled me on. That’s not to say Stellaris is a bad game, it’s not. It’s quite competent. It’s just not lighting my world on fire, nor does it do anything exceptionally well, I feel. At least in my time with it. You’ll still, I think, have a better time with Sword of the Stars 1 or Distant Worlds, in my humble opinion, but if you NEED to have it, I won’t tell you not to get it. I just don’t think you need to rush out and have this now now now, you know? Anyway, thanks for watching and I hope you’ve enjoyed my series.
Listen to the Latest Podcast!
On the Next Podcast…
- Game of the Week - Star Traders: Frontiers 08/13/2018 – 08/17/2018 This week, we'll tackle the expansive space RPG, Star Traders: Frontiers!
- Game of the Week - Starglider 08/20/2018 – 08/24/2018 By request, I'll dive into the classic space flight sim, the Amiga version of Starglider!
- LAN Party Thursdays - Borderlands 2 Month 08/23/2018 at 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM This month, EVERY LAN party will be Borderlands 2, so we can plow through as much of it as possible before Borderlands 3 gets released.
- Game of the Week - Starglider II 08/27/2018 – 08/31/2018 By request, I'll dive into the classic space flight sim, the Amiga version of Starglider II!
- Podcast #259 - Landinar: Into the Void 08/28/2018 at 6:00 AM – 7:00 AM This week we'll talk to the folks behind the space adventure game Landinar: Into the Void!