Welcome to this final entry in Stellaris, my friends. In this final entry, I grow my empire large enough to be forced to make an automated sector, which is a neat idea that I like a lot. Overall, this is not a bad 4X. Is it the best 4X ever? No, that honor still goes to Distant Worlds, in my mind. While this is pretty, competent, well-designed and fun, it lacks certain things that Distant Worlds has spoiled me on. That’s not to say Stellaris is a bad game, it’s not. It’s quite competent. It’s just not lighting my world on fire, nor does it do anything exceptionally well, I feel. At least in my time with it. You’ll still, I think, have a better time with Sword of the Stars 1 or Distant Worlds, in my humble opinion, but if you NEED to have it, I won’t tell you not to get it. I just don’t think you need to rush out and have this now now now, you know? Anyway, thanks for watching and I hope you’ve enjoyed my series.
Listen to the Latest Podcast!
On the Next Podcast…
- Game of the Week - Station 21 and Deep Sixed 02/19/2018 – 02/23/2018 This week, we'll try to tackle the newly-released space station sim, Station 21, along with the spaceship breakdown simulator, Deep Sixed.
- LAN Party Thursdays - D&D Lords of Waterdeep 02/22/2018 at 5:30 PM – 6:30 PM For board game night this month, we'll be playing D&D Lords of Waterdeep!
- Monthly MMO Meetup - EVE Online 02/25/2018 at 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM This month, we'll be tooling around in EVE Online!
- Game of the Week - Space Tyrant 02/26/2018 – 03/02/2018 This week, we'll engage in some tyrannical space conquest with Space Tyrant!
- Release: Space Tyrant 02/27/2018 Space Tyrant, the fast-playing "5X" game, is slated for release today!