Hello my friends, and welcome to Star Fleet 1: The War Begins by Interstel. This is a game similar to the Trek-style games of the late 70s and early 80s, with text-base interfaces and ascii-graphics galore, they really did make you feel as if you were making solid tactical decisions. In this first entry. I take my ship to kill several dozen Krellian, and almost don’t make it all the way. There were some tense battles where I lost shield control, engines, life support and so on, and the tension the game generates is really palatable. It really does make you feel like you’re commanding this massive machine of war.
Listen to the Latest Podcast!
On the Next Podcast…
- Monthly MMO Meetup - EVE Online 02/25/2018 at 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM This month, we'll be tooling around in EVE Online!
- Game of the Week - Space Tyrant 02/26/2018 – 03/02/2018 This week, we'll engage in some tyrannical space conquest with Space Tyrant!
- Release: Space Tyrant 02/27/2018 Space Tyrant, the fast-playing "5X" game, is slated for release today!
- Podcast #238 - Elite Grievances 02/27/2018 at 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM You've heard us talk about it on the show before, but for this one episode, ALL We're gonna talk about is Elite: Dangerous.
- LAN Party Thursdays - Guns of Icarus Alliance 03/01/2018 at 5:30 PM – 6:30 PM This week we'll be returning to the co-op steamship combat game, Guns of Icarus Alliance!