Welcome to Star Fleet II: Krellan Commander my friends! In this game, you play the dastardly Krellans from the first game, and have quite a bit more to deal with than simply capture and slaughter. In this game you can eventually control and entire fleet and invade whole worlds, but that’s a ways away. You start off the game at the lowest rungs on the totem pole and must work your way up via successfully completing missions and winning battles. In this entry, I’m given some recon missions, and while the first one is successful, the second one hits a snag in which I’m unable to move. This game came out in a very buggy state back in 1989, and while it’s been patched, it’s still something of an unwieldy beast. For example, there was no clear way to discern WHY I was unable to move my ship. I had supplies for several days, plenty of energy and no damage to any systems, yet I couldn’t return to a starbase. VERY weird. Regardless, I do plan on playing more of this because it’s just a FASCINATING game, you’ll just get more entries staggered amongst others. Thanks for watching!
Listen to the Latest Podcast!
On the Next Podcast…
- Game of the Week - Star Traders: Frontiers 08/13/2018 – 08/17/2018 This week, we'll tackle the expansive space RPG, Star Traders: Frontiers!
- Podcast #257 - The Blight of the Asset Flip 08/14/2018 at 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM Tonight we'll discuss how asset flips are helping to ruin Steam (along with Steam's own lack of action toward them).
- LAN Party Thursdays - Borderlands 2 Month 08/16/2018 at 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM This month, EVERY LAN party will be Borderlands 2, so we can plow through as much of it as possible before Borderlands 3 gets released.
- Game of the Week - Starglider 08/20/2018 – 08/24/2018 By request, I'll dive into the classic space flight sim, the Amiga version of Starglider!
- LAN Party Thursdays - Borderlands 2 Month 08/23/2018 at 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM This month, EVERY LAN party will be Borderlands 2, so we can plow through as much of it as possible before Borderlands 3 gets released.