Welcome to Star Fleet II: Krellan Commander my friends! In this game, you play the dastardly Krellans from the first game, and have quite a bit more to deal with than simply capture and slaughter. In this game you can eventually control and entire fleet and invade whole worlds, but that’s a ways away. You start off the game at the lowest rungs on the totem pole and must work your way up via successfully completing missions and winning battles. In this entry, I’m given some recon missions, and while the first one is successful, the second one hits a snag in which I’m unable to move. This game came out in a very buggy state back in 1989, and while it’s been patched, it’s still something of an unwieldy beast. For example, there was no clear way to discern WHY I was unable to move my ship. I had supplies for several days, plenty of energy and no damage to any systems, yet I couldn’t return to a starbase. VERY weird. Regardless, I do plan on playing more of this because it’s just a FASCINATING game, you’ll just get more entries staggered amongst others. Thanks for watching!
Listen to the Latest Podcast!
On the Next Podcast…
- Game of the Week - Station 21 and Deep Sixed 02/19/2018 – 02/23/2018 This week, we'll try to tackle the newly-released space station sim, Station 21, along with the spaceship breakdown simulator, Deep Sixed.
- Monthly MMO Meetup - EVE Online 02/25/2018 at 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM This month, we'll be tooling around in EVE Online!
- Game of the Week - Space Tyrant 02/26/2018 – 03/02/2018 This week, we'll engage in some tyrannical space conquest with Space Tyrant!
- Release: Space Tyrant 02/27/2018 Space Tyrant, the fast-playing "5X" game, is slated for release today!
- Podcast #238 - Elite Grievances 02/27/2018 at 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM You've heard us talk about it on the show before, but for this one episode, ALL We're gonna talk about is Elite: Dangerous.