Gates of Horizon hit Steam a little while back, and I was graciously sent a key to try it out. It’s an MMO in which you run a corporation and hire agents to roam around the universe and do stuff. In this video, I’ve been going through the tutorial to learn the game, and decide to hire a second agent to expand the gameplay a bit further. What I find is that there doesn’t seem to be much to do yet (at least in the early days where I am right now), and the interface is just obtuse enough that I’d forgotten how to do stuff I learned just the day before in the tutorial. On the plus side though, the game feels like it has potential, but right now it feels kinda early-accessish. Regardless, I did dig the interface and such, so there’s that. ;) I might return to it once it’s had more time in the oven, but for now, I hope you enjoy the video, and thank you for watching.
Listen to the Latest Podcast!
On the Next Podcast…
- Game of the Week - Space Tyrant 02/26/2018 – 03/02/2018 This week, we'll engage in some tyrannical space conquest with Space Tyrant!
- Release: Space Tyrant 02/27/2018 Space Tyrant, the fast-playing "5X" game, is slated for release today!
- Podcast #238 - Elite Grievances 02/27/2018 at 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM You've heard us talk about it on the show before, but for this one episode, ALL We're gonna talk about is Elite: Dangerous.
- LAN Party Thursdays - Guns of Icarus Alliance 03/01/2018 at 5:30 PM – 6:30 PM This week we'll be returning to the co-op steamship combat game, Guns of Icarus Alliance!
- Week Off 03/05/2018 – 03/09/2018 I'm having dental surgery on 3/2, so this week, no videos or podcasts as I recover.