Welcome back to Children of a Dead Earth my friends! In this entry, I take on two missions. In the first, “False Flag,” I’m to take out a very undermatched enemy, which goes quite well. The second mission, though, is the doozy. “Predatory Opportunism” is the first mission with both out of plane maneuvering and drone usage, so there’s a lot going on. First, one has to intercept their target while still maintaining enough delta v to maneuver once combat is engaged. Secondly, you have to use drones properly to take out the enemy before they can hit you. I’m successful on the first part, but woefully inadequate in the second. Luckily I’ve already beaten this mission once before, so we can move on. Yay!
Listen to the Latest Podcast!
On the Next Podcast…
- Game of the Week - Star Traders: Frontiers 08/13/2018 – 08/17/2018 This week, we'll tackle the expansive space RPG, Star Traders: Frontiers!
- Game of the Week - Starglider 08/20/2018 – 08/24/2018 By request, I'll dive into the classic space flight sim, the Amiga version of Starglider!
- LAN Party Thursdays - Borderlands 2 Month 08/23/2018 at 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM This month, EVERY LAN party will be Borderlands 2, so we can plow through as much of it as possible before Borderlands 3 gets released.
- Game of the Week - Starglider II 08/27/2018 – 08/31/2018 By request, I'll dive into the classic space flight sim, the Amiga version of Starglider II!
- Podcast #259 - Landinar: Into the Void 08/28/2018 at 6:00 AM – 7:00 AM This week we'll talk to the folks behind the space adventure game Landinar: Into the Void!