Hello my friends, and welcome to Buck Rogers: Matrix Cubed, the 1992 sequel to last week’s game, Countdown to Doomsday! This newer game features actual honest-to-goodness Roland MT-32 support (which you will hear!), streamlined character creation (thank god) and the ability to import characters from the previous game (if you happened to keep that floppy for two years. What?). In this entry, after creating my partaaaayyy, we’re tasked with preventing the assassination of an official who wants to unify the races of the solar system. Sadly we get stopped by some scientist who gives us important notes before he’s kidnapped. Interestingly we get choices on how to handle the situation before any combat, which might make this game more fun than the last, which was insanely combat-heavy.
Listen to the Latest Podcast!
On the Next Podcast…
- Game of the Week - Star Traders: Frontiers 08/13/2018 – 08/17/2018 This week, we'll tackle the expansive space RPG, Star Traders: Frontiers!
- Game of the Week - Starglider 08/20/2018 – 08/24/2018 By request, I'll dive into the classic space flight sim, the Amiga version of Starglider!
- LAN Party Thursdays - Borderlands 2 Month 08/23/2018 at 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM This month, EVERY LAN party will be Borderlands 2, so we can plow through as much of it as possible before Borderlands 3 gets released.
- Game of the Week - Starglider II 08/27/2018 – 08/31/2018 By request, I'll dive into the classic space flight sim, the Amiga version of Starglider II!
- Podcast #259 - Landinar: Into the Void 08/28/2018 at 6:00 AM – 7:00 AM This week we'll talk to the folks behind the space adventure game Landinar: Into the Void!