Hello my friends, and welcome to Buck Rogers: Matrix Cubed, the 1992 sequel to last week’s game, Countdown to Doomsday! This newer game features actual honest-to-goodness Roland MT-32 support (which you will hear!), streamlined character creation (thank god) and the ability to import characters from the previous game (if you happened to keep that floppy for two years. What?). In this entry, after creating my partaaaayyy, we’re tasked with preventing the assassination of an official who wants to unify the races of the solar system. Sadly we get stopped by some scientist who gives us important notes before he’s kidnapped. Interestingly we get choices on how to handle the situation before any combat, which might make this game more fun than the last, which was insanely combat-heavy.
Listen to the Latest Podcast!
On the Next Podcast…
- Game of the Week - Station 21 and Deep Sixed 02/19/2018 – 02/23/2018 This week, we'll try to tackle the newly-released space station sim, Station 21, along with the spaceship breakdown simulator, Deep Sixed.
- Monthly MMO Meetup - EVE Online 02/25/2018 at 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM This month, we'll be tooling around in EVE Online!
- Game of the Week - Space Tyrant 02/26/2018 – 03/02/2018 This week, we'll engage in some tyrannical space conquest with Space Tyrant!
- Release: Space Tyrant 02/27/2018 Space Tyrant, the fast-playing "5X" game, is slated for release today!
- Podcast #238 - Elite Grievances 02/27/2018 at 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM You've heard us talk about it on the show before, but for this one episode, ALL We're gonna talk about is Elite: Dangerous.