What do you do when you’ve spent enough time modding one particular game that you feel competent enough to make your own? Something like Unending Galaxy is what! ;) Creating by a prolific modder to the X series of games, Unending Galaxy takes many of the tenants of those games — such as an open universe with a multitude of professions, commodities, AI pilots and factions and so on to engage with — puts it in a massive 2D universe (with multiple maps to play with) and both enhances and streamlines the gameplay. While I’ve always found the gameplay in the X series to be a bit obtuse, after reading Unending Galaxy’s manual, I had a much better time playing this than most of the previous entries in the X series. In this video, I’ll show a couple of professions you can start with in the deluxe version of the game, from basic trader to lost fleet searching for a new home to call their own. Even though I still had some interface hurdles to overcome — this is a beta after all, it’s still cooking — I had a lot of fun in Unending Galaxy’s vibrant and very alive universe. Check out the video to see it all in action, and thank you for watching!
Listen to the Latest Podcast!
On the Next Podcast…
- Game of the Week - Wing Commander: Armada 06/18/2018 – 06/22/2018 This week we'll play with one of the odd Wing Commander stepchildren, Armada
- Game of the Week - Wing Commander IV 06/25/2018 – 06/29/2018 It's now time to tackle my favorite of the series, Wing Commander IV.
- Night Off - No Podcast This Week 06/26/2018 Friends, I've got good friends coming into town, so we'll be taking the week off from podcasting.
- LAN Party Thursdays - Borderlands 2 06/28/2018 at 5:30 PM – 6:30 PM Join us for our monthly sojourn to Pandora in Borderlands 2!
- Game of the Week - Wing Commander Prophecy 07/02/2018 – 07/06/2018 This week, we'll toy with the final in the much-beloved Wing Commander series, Prophecy.