Spacey Snippets – 6/8/12
Hey y’all, and welcome to Friday! There’s been a decent amount of news over the past couple of weeks, so let’s get started, shall we?
- There’s a new Drox Operative blog entry talking about hand-crafted challenge sectors, which is just sexy. There’s also an interview with Steven over on RPG France (the English part is near the half-way point on the page).
- According to Rock, Paper Shotgun, the beta for FTL: Faster than Light will be coming out later this month. Woohoo!! There’s also a pre-beta gameplay video to feast your eyes upon, which I’ll embed below.
- The PlaySF blog has both a review of X3: Albion Prelude, a look at the Rescue on Fractalus remake and a new Steam group to host multiplayer games.
- The Star Made blog over on IndieDB has two blog entries looking at space stations and an entry on improved gravity physics.
- The Galaxial blog has an entry on random galaxy generation. Three of my favorite words, right up there with “procedurally generated content”. ;)
- The Beyond Beyaan blog has a new entry on sounds an artwork. Even though the game’s creator is deaf, he’s gotten someone to help him with sounds. Yay!
- E3 was this past week, and Miner Wars: 2081 was there with new screenshots and a new trailer, which I’ll also embed below.
- The Star Life blog has a new entry on shooting components, which now allows you to attack enemy subsytems, always a good time.
- The Ensign-1 blog on IndieDB has a new entry on wingman lines and mouse controls with lots of examples and screenshots.
- Over on Hard-Light.net, they’ve created a new community for the open-source port of Starshatter, which is looking fairly active so far.
- A new version of Via Galactica has been released, with tons of bug fixes and improvements.
- There’s also a new version of Spacebit over on Desura, with several fixes and additions to the game. The folks over at GameAspect also wrote up a preview of the game.
- Finally, over on the Concept Ships blog, they have some excellent concept spaceships by Alexey Yakolev.
Thanks for reading, and have a great weekend!!