Usually I don’t like to post mere rumors or murmerings, so when Notch — the fellow behind the breakout indie hit Minecraft — mentioned he wanted to do a space game, I figured I’d wait for something a little more concrete before discussing it here. Well, thanks to a tip from Lee, one of our readers, there’s now something a bit more official, as in an interview with Notch in PC Gamer regarding this very topic. As a huge fan of Firefly my own self — one of my tattoos is Serenity-themed — this is very, VERY exciting stuff. While I never got into Minecraft my own self, I know this Notch fellow is very dedicated to gaming, so there’s a very likely chance this will happen. For now, I’ll just endeavor to keep you posted. Thanks for reading!
Listen to the Latest Podcast!
On the Next Podcast…
- Game of the Week - Star Traders: Frontiers 08/13/2018 – 08/17/2018 This week, we'll tackle the expansive space RPG, Star Traders: Frontiers!
- Podcast #257 - The Blight of the Asset Flip 08/14/2018 at 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM Tonight we'll discuss how asset flips are helping to ruin Steam (along with Steam's own lack of action toward them).
- LAN Party Thursdays - Borderlands 2 Month 08/16/2018 at 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM This month, EVERY LAN party will be Borderlands 2, so we can plow through as much of it as possible before Borderlands 3 gets released.
- Game of the Week - Starglider 08/20/2018 – 08/24/2018 By request, I'll dive into the classic space flight sim, the Amiga version of Starglider!
- LAN Party Thursdays - Borderlands 2 Month 08/23/2018 at 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM This month, EVERY LAN party will be Borderlands 2, so we can plow through as much of it as possible before Borderlands 3 gets released.