Usually I don’t like to post mere rumors or murmerings, so when Notch — the fellow behind the breakout indie hit Minecraft — mentioned he wanted to do a space game, I figured I’d wait for something a little more concrete before discussing it here. Well, thanks to a tip from Lee, one of our readers, there’s now something a bit more official, as in an interview with Notch in PC Gamer regarding this very topic. As a huge fan of Firefly my own self — one of my tattoos is Serenity-themed — this is very, VERY exciting stuff. While I never got into Minecraft my own self, I know this Notch fellow is very dedicated to gaming, so there’s a very likely chance this will happen. For now, I’ll just endeavor to keep you posted. Thanks for reading!
Listen to the Latest Podcast!
On the Next Podcast…
- Game of the Week - Station 21 and Deep Sixed 02/19/2018 – 02/23/2018 This week, we'll try to tackle the newly-released space station sim, Station 21, along with the spaceship breakdown simulator, Deep Sixed.
- Monthly MMO Meetup - EVE Online 02/25/2018 at 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM This month, we'll be tooling around in EVE Online!
- Game of the Week - Space Tyrant 02/26/2018 – 03/02/2018 This week, we'll engage in some tyrannical space conquest with Space Tyrant!
- Release: Space Tyrant 02/27/2018 Space Tyrant, the fast-playing "5X" game, is slated for release today!
- Podcast #238 - Elite Grievances 02/27/2018 at 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM You've heard us talk about it on the show before, but for this one episode, ALL We're gonna talk about is Elite: Dangerous.