Starion Tactics just kinda popped up out of nowhere on Steam recently, so I of course asked for a code. :) After playing the game — which isn’t an early access title at all — for a spell, I find that the game still needs some time in the oven, primarily due to a lack of save functionality (at the time of this recording) and clear victory conditions. I was having a good time for a while, honestly, until the game was won by the AI for no clear reason (I’m guessing because they owned half the galaxy), which was frustrating. However, if you want the experience of a board game on your PC, however, and have plenty of time and local friends, it can be a fun time though.
Listen to the Latest Podcast!
On the Next Podcast…
- Game of the Week - Star Traders: Frontiers 08/13/2018 – 08/17/2018 This week, we'll tackle the expansive space RPG, Star Traders: Frontiers!
- Podcast #257 - The Blight of the Asset Flip 08/14/2018 at 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM Tonight we'll discuss how asset flips are helping to ruin Steam (along with Steam's own lack of action toward them).
- LAN Party Thursdays - Borderlands 2 Month 08/16/2018 at 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM This month, EVERY LAN party will be Borderlands 2, so we can plow through as much of it as possible before Borderlands 3 gets released.
- Game of the Week - Starglider 08/20/2018 – 08/24/2018 By request, I'll dive into the classic space flight sim, the Amiga version of Starglider!
- LAN Party Thursdays - Borderlands 2 Month 08/23/2018 at 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM This month, EVERY LAN party will be Borderlands 2, so we can plow through as much of it as possible before Borderlands 3 gets released.