Starion Tactics just kinda popped up out of nowhere on Steam recently, so I of course asked for a code. :) After playing the game — which isn’t an early access title at all — for a spell, I find that the game still needs some time in the oven, primarily due to a lack of save functionality (at the time of this recording) and clear victory conditions. I was having a good time for a while, honestly, until the game was won by the AI for no clear reason (I’m guessing because they owned half the galaxy), which was frustrating. However, if you want the experience of a board game on your PC, however, and have plenty of time and local friends, it can be a fun time though.
Listen to the Latest Podcast!
On the Next Podcast…
- Game of the Week - Station 21 and Deep Sixed 02/19/2018 – 02/23/2018 This week, we'll try to tackle the newly-released space station sim, Station 21, along with the spaceship breakdown simulator, Deep Sixed.
- Monthly MMO Meetup - EVE Online 02/25/2018 at 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM This month, we'll be tooling around in EVE Online!
- Game of the Week - Space Tyrant 02/26/2018 – 03/02/2018 This week, we'll engage in some tyrannical space conquest with Space Tyrant!
- Release: Space Tyrant 02/27/2018 Space Tyrant, the fast-playing "5X" game, is slated for release today!
- Podcast #238 - Elite Grievances 02/27/2018 at 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM You've heard us talk about it on the show before, but for this one episode, ALL We're gonna talk about is Elite: Dangerous.