Welcome back to Albion Prelude my friends! In this entry, I capture a Terran ship again, only this time I successfully get it back to base. Now to figure out how to fix it so I can use it as a wingman for my lovely Centaur. That’s if I feel like returning to this game. Albion Prelude is something of a conundrum for me, and a frustrating one. On the one hand, I see what it’s trying to do in terms of a completely open universe in terms of building your own business empire. On the other hand, I just want to be a pilot, and this series has always seemed to want the player to be more of the former rather than the latter. I never feel connected to my ship, never to the universe. I feel like I’m some floating head bobbing around in someone else’s game, and it’s not a game I’m totally in love with. It’s a shame, as these games have a long history and an excellent fan base, but I just don’t think they’re for me, ultimately. While I was making these videos, all I could think about were other games I wanted to play. If you love these games, then I’m happy they click with you. I’m just kind of sad they never have with me.
Listen to the Latest Podcast!
On the Next Podcast…
- Game of the Week - Station 21 and Deep Sixed 02/19/2018 – 02/23/2018 This week, we'll try to tackle the newly-released space station sim, Station 21, along with the spaceship breakdown simulator, Deep Sixed.
- Monthly MMO Meetup - EVE Online 02/25/2018 at 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM This month, we'll be tooling around in EVE Online!
- Game of the Week - Space Tyrant 02/26/2018 – 03/02/2018 This week, we'll engage in some tyrannical space conquest with Space Tyrant!
- Release: Space Tyrant 02/27/2018 Space Tyrant, the fast-playing "5X" game, is slated for release today!
- Podcast #238 - Elite Grievances 02/27/2018 at 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM You've heard us talk about it on the show before, but for this one episode, ALL We're gonna talk about is Elite: Dangerous.