Welcome back to Albion Prelude my friends! In this entry, I capture a Terran ship again, only this time I successfully get it back to base. Now to figure out how to fix it so I can use it as a wingman for my lovely Centaur. That’s if I feel like returning to this game. Albion Prelude is something of a conundrum for me, and a frustrating one. On the one hand, I see what it’s trying to do in terms of a completely open universe in terms of building your own business empire. On the other hand, I just want to be a pilot, and this series has always seemed to want the player to be more of the former rather than the latter. I never feel connected to my ship, never to the universe. I feel like I’m some floating head bobbing around in someone else’s game, and it’s not a game I’m totally in love with. It’s a shame, as these games have a long history and an excellent fan base, but I just don’t think they’re for me, ultimately. While I was making these videos, all I could think about were other games I wanted to play. If you love these games, then I’m happy they click with you. I’m just kind of sad they never have with me.
Listen to the Latest Podcast!
On the Next Podcast…
- Game of the Week - Star Traders: Frontiers 08/13/2018 – 08/17/2018 This week, we'll tackle the expansive space RPG, Star Traders: Frontiers!
- Podcast #257 - The Blight of the Asset Flip 08/14/2018 at 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM Tonight we'll discuss how asset flips are helping to ruin Steam (along with Steam's own lack of action toward them).
- LAN Party Thursdays - Borderlands 2 Month 08/16/2018 at 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM This month, EVERY LAN party will be Borderlands 2, so we can plow through as much of it as possible before Borderlands 3 gets released.
- Game of the Week - Starglider 08/20/2018 – 08/24/2018 By request, I'll dive into the classic space flight sim, the Amiga version of Starglider!
- LAN Party Thursdays - Borderlands 2 Month 08/23/2018 at 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM This month, EVERY LAN party will be Borderlands 2, so we can plow through as much of it as possible before Borderlands 3 gets released.