Welcome, my friends, to 1996’s Space Bucks, from Impressions Games (who later did popular city builders like Caesar and Zeus) and Sierra Entertainment! This is a space-based business simulation in which you, as a budding entrepreneur, acquire landing rights to nearby planets and ferry needed goods to them, all the while maximizing profits, improving your industrial capacity, making your starports more appealing to tourists and much more. It’s a fairly complex game, and if I hadn’t dabbled in it previously, read the in-game tutorial and watched a video or two, I’d likely be totally lost (as I couldn’t find a manual anywhere except in the game). In this entry, I try to get my space-based business off the ground by acquiring rights to new planets and then making sure their demands are met by ferrying the right types of goods, which is a more complex juggling act than I’m used to in a space game. Overall though, this is an intriguing game that I’m looking forward to learning, so stay tuned as I flail about trying to make some money, and thanks for watching!
Listen to the Latest Podcast!
On the Next Podcast…
- Game of the Week - Station 21 and Deep Sixed 02/19/2018 – 02/23/2018 This week, we'll try to tackle the newly-released space station sim, Station 21, along with the spaceship breakdown simulator, Deep Sixed.
- Monthly MMO Meetup - EVE Online 02/25/2018 at 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM This month, we'll be tooling around in EVE Online!
- Game of the Week - Space Tyrant 02/26/2018 – 03/02/2018 This week, we'll engage in some tyrannical space conquest with Space Tyrant!
- Release: Space Tyrant 02/27/2018 Space Tyrant, the fast-playing "5X" game, is slated for release today!
- Podcast #238 - Elite Grievances 02/27/2018 at 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM You've heard us talk about it on the show before, but for this one episode, ALL We're gonna talk about is Elite: Dangerous.