Welcome to Children of a Dead Earth my friends! This game is a realistic orbital simulation and combat game with a lengthy campaign, a sandbox mode, and both ship and module designers. This is basically what would happen if you added a militaristic campaign to Kerbal Space Program. In this first entry, I take on the game’s first mission, “Distress Call at Luna”, and let the game’s tutorial walk me through the act of matching orbits and linking up with other ships. It’s a fascinating game, with a wonderful UI that, to me, is just exhausting. In a good way.
Listen to the Latest Podcast!
On the Next Podcast…
- Game of the Week - Star Traders: Frontiers 08/13/2018 – 08/17/2018 This week, we'll tackle the expansive space RPG, Star Traders: Frontiers!
- Podcast #257 - The Blight of the Asset Flip 08/14/2018 at 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM Tonight we'll discuss how asset flips are helping to ruin Steam (along with Steam's own lack of action toward them).
- LAN Party Thursdays - Borderlands 2 Month 08/16/2018 at 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM This month, EVERY LAN party will be Borderlands 2, so we can plow through as much of it as possible before Borderlands 3 gets released.
- Game of the Week - Starglider 08/20/2018 – 08/24/2018 By request, I'll dive into the classic space flight sim, the Amiga version of Starglider!
- LAN Party Thursdays - Borderlands 2 Month 08/23/2018 at 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM This month, EVERY LAN party will be Borderlands 2, so we can plow through as much of it as possible before Borderlands 3 gets released.