The beta for Galactic Civilizations III just keeps rolling along with the updates and improvements, and the latest one — beta 5 — adds one of the biggest improvements yet: Custom factions. Therefore I return to the game and dive in with a completely custom faction — The Badasses — to see how it plays when you try to do something different than what the game expects. In this early game, you can see that the AI has gotten quite aggressive from our last preview, and that the search for colonizeable planets is more strained than ever before. I had a great time with this build of the game, and I can’t wait to play more. Enjoy!
Listen to the Latest Podcast!
On the Next Podcast…
- Game of the Week - Wing Commander: Armada 06/18/2018 – 06/22/2018 This week we'll play with one of the odd Wing Commander stepchildren, Armada
- Podcast #252 - Starfighter: Infinity 06/19/2018 at 6:00 AM – 7:00 AM This week, we'll be talking to the developer of the fantastic space MMO, Starfighter: Infinity.
- LAN Party Thursdays - Borderlands 2 06/21/2018 at 5:30 PM – 6:30 PM Join us for our monthly sojourn to Pandora in Borderlands 2!
- Game of the Week - Wing Commander IV 06/25/2018 – 06/29/2018 It's now time to tackle my favorite of the series, Wing Commander IV.
- Night Off - No Podcast This Week 06/26/2018 Friends, I've got good friends coming into town, so we'll be taking the week off from podcasting.