I’m gonna be honest…I didn’t like GalCiv 2 that much. It felt bland, soulless or lacking in something I couldn’t quite put my finger on. When GalCiv 3 was announced, I sat back and waited for the early access version to fill in with some content before diving in, so to keep my expectations as level as possible. Well, you can imagine my shock and surprise when I found out that not only is Galactic Civilizations 3 a compelling game with an actual soul this time, it’s damned fun, funny and full of interesting choices. It also has a pretty damned good UI (I’m something of a UI nut), even if it is missing some tooltips at the moment ;) Watch as I take us through around 60 turns of a new game, never once getting bored. ;) Enjoy!
Listen to the Latest Podcast!
On the Next Podcast…
- Monthly MMO Meetup - EVE Online 02/25/2018 at 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM This month, we'll be tooling around in EVE Online!
- Game of the Week - Space Tyrant 02/26/2018 – 03/02/2018 This week, we'll engage in some tyrannical space conquest with Space Tyrant!
- Release: Space Tyrant 02/27/2018 Space Tyrant, the fast-playing "5X" game, is slated for release today!
- Podcast #238 - Elite Grievances 02/27/2018 at 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM You've heard us talk about it on the show before, but for this one episode, ALL We're gonna talk about is Elite: Dangerous.
- LAN Party Thursdays - Guns of Icarus Alliance 03/01/2018 at 5:30 PM – 6:30 PM This week we'll be returning to the co-op steamship combat game, Guns of Icarus Alliance!