I’m gonna be honest…I didn’t like GalCiv 2 that much. It felt bland, soulless or lacking in something I couldn’t quite put my finger on. When GalCiv 3 was announced, I sat back and waited for the early access version to fill in with some content before diving in, so to keep my expectations as level as possible. Well, you can imagine my shock and surprise when I found out that not only is Galactic Civilizations 3 a compelling game with an actual soul this time, it’s damned fun, funny and full of interesting choices. It also has a pretty damned good UI (I’m something of a UI nut), even if it is missing some tooltips at the moment ;) Watch as I take us through around 60 turns of a new game, never once getting bored. ;) Enjoy!
Listen to the Latest Podcast!
On the Next Podcast…
- Game of the Week - Star Traders: Frontiers 08/13/2018 – 08/17/2018 This week, we'll tackle the expansive space RPG, Star Traders: Frontiers!
- Game of the Week - Starglider 08/20/2018 – 08/24/2018 By request, I'll dive into the classic space flight sim, the Amiga version of Starglider!
- LAN Party Thursdays - Borderlands 2 Month 08/23/2018 at 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM This month, EVERY LAN party will be Borderlands 2, so we can plow through as much of it as possible before Borderlands 3 gets released.
- Game of the Week - Starglider II 08/27/2018 – 08/31/2018 By request, I'll dive into the classic space flight sim, the Amiga version of Starglider II!
- Podcast #259 - Landinar: Into the Void 08/28/2018 at 6:00 AM – 7:00 AM This week we'll talk to the folks behind the space adventure game Landinar: Into the Void!