Weekly Gaming Thoughts
Hello my friends, it’s good to see you again after a week off! We hosted Christmas for the family this past week, so one half of the week was insane, and the second half of the week was basically recovery, both in cleaning up after and recovering from the mental and physical exhaustion. I’ve no complaints though, as Christmas itself went off splendidly. Great food and people, can’t ever get enough of either.
Gaming-wise, I made sure to take some gaming breaks even during the most busiest of times, and much of that time was taken up with Assassin’s Creed: Origins. Now, I’d taken a break from Origins due to burnout. This happens to me whenever I get further into a game than my gaming ADHD usually allows. I play it a LOT, then suddenly don’t want to touch it. I did this at least a dozen times with Jumpgate back in the day, and do it these days with games like Lord of the Rings Online.
Assassin’s Creed: Origins is the latest in being one of the few games that I stick with past its first initial hours, and then need a break from at least a dozen or so hours in. It’ll also likely be one of the few games I ever finish. Who knows how long that’ll take, though, given I keep chasing down everything on the game’s huge map.
What I’ve Been Playing
- Assassin’s Creed: Origins – As I said, this is super duper fun, and at the moment I can’t stop playing it.
- Arma 3 – Got this on the Steam sale for its single-player content, and so far I am enjoying it immensely! It’s quirky and not explained well, but gorgeous and definitely a good time.
- Kingsway – This was on deep sale so I had to try it. My god it’s a good time, so much so I added it to the streaming calendar for next month.
What I’m Planning on Playing
- Air Hauler 2/Microsoft Flight Simulator – I’ve still not passed my flight test, but I’m getting close, I can feel it.
- Shadowcrawl – This just got some big updates so I’m diving back in. It’s a VERY fun little roguelike.
That’ll do it for now y’all. Can’t wait to see y’all throughout the week!