Hey kids, in the past couple of weeks I’ve stumbled upon a bunch of new space games. Usually I’d put these in the news digests, but since I’ve not had time to do one in a while (soo busy!) I figured I’d do a separate post for ’em all. These are also all in the game list now as well. Now here we go, in no particular order!
- VoidExpanse – This is a top-down open RPG thingamajig that’s been a good time in the couple of hours I’ve played it.
- Asteroid Prospector – This looks like a top-down mining game that’s being made as part of an apps challenge by NASA.
- Shallow Space – This is a really awesome looking spacey RTS that I can’t wait to learn more about.
- Contested Space – An open-ended space combat “role making game” that looks pretty cool, and it’s Kickstarter starts on Monday.
- Interplanetary – This is a multi-player only space artillery game where planets fling weapons at each other in a kinda Scorched Earth on steroids in space kinda thing, it seems.
- Xeno Galaxies – This is an action RPG with a mix of first person shooter and space combat elements that looks pretty damned impressive, if not a bit overwhelming. ;)
- Centration – This appears to be a space station game with a survival bent.
- Fleet – A space combat fleet management thing that looks goooooorgeous.
- Ceres – This looks like a pretty good space combat game thingy in which their dev describes it as “Homeworld, Paradroid and Elite had an odd sexual encounter”. ;)
Stay tuned for more info on these as I’m in the midst of contacting these folks and either bringing them on a future episode of the podcast or a written Q&A, whichever they prefer. If you know of any space games I’ve not yet found, please don’t hesitate to let me know. Thanks to everyone who clued me into these! :)