I Love the Look of Tiny Trek…
I had some extra time on my lunch break today, which is unusual for me, so I figured I’d spend some time looking through Kickstarter for some more spacey games, and boy did I find a bunch! I offer these without commentary in basically the order I found ‘em. Check ‘em out, and enjoy!
That’s it for now. If you know of one I missed, don’t hesitate to let me know. Thanks for reading!
A Crushing Amount of News...
Hey y’all, how are you? I seem to only have time to do these every other week nowadays, so the news SURE does pile up. With that in mind, let’s begin!
- PC Gamer has an article regarding Novus Aeterno — a game I only found out about recently, thanks to SpaceSimCentral — and how it claims to be the “first true MMORTS”.
- According to the BorderSpace Twitter account, they’ve released a significant update to their wiki, so check it out!
- According to the official Starfarer website, a new version has been released that adds accidents, music, improved AI and more!
- There’s a new video up of the latest beta from the FTL folks, which I’ll embed below after the cut.
- The official Star Conflict website has been updated with more information on the Troy system. They also have some new Thar wallpaper.
- There’s a new version of the Artemis Spaceship Bridge Simulator that updates the 3D engine, revises existing races and adds…Space Whales…yup…Space Whales. Even though I’ve no one to play it with at the moment, I kinda want to get it just for the Space Whales.
- The Starlight Inception folks have launched a little Q&A video on their Kickstarter page to help answer people’s common questions and hopefully get them the backing they need with just days left in the campaign. This Kickstarter ends VERY soon, so help ‘em out if you can.
- According to Eurogamer, the folks over on EVE Online will be giving players the choice of a gift to celebrate their nine year anniversary. This could be various skill books, lasers or implants.
- Spealing of, Apparently crap is going down in EVE wherein folks are trying to destroy the economy, and Eurogamer has what I feel are the best articles on the subject here and here. VG247 also has a good summary.
- According to a press release, Battlestar Galactica Online has reached ten million players. Dayum
- Along with a whole new website, you can also read an article on Salvation Prophecy over on Rock, Paper Shotgun that makes for pretty good readin’.
- The latest release candidate for the Freespace Source Project has been release. Hopefully we’ll get our grubby paws on it soon.
- Lunar Flight was featured on the latest Return Fire Podcast. They also have a new wallpaper and a new branding logo. They’ve also released a pretty awesome article talking about their Steam sales, which is pretty bold and honest.
- The folks at Destructoid revisited the Kerbal Space Program, which is a good read.
- There were several looks at Endless Space recently, including from Rock, Paper Shotgun, Strategy Core and Space Sector.
- Space Sector also has an interview with the folks at the Logic Factory, who made the amazing game Ascendancy.
- According to Space Sim Central, the folks behind the upcoming game Galactic Patrol Pirates is looking for beta testers.
- On the Beyond Beyaan blog, Brent apologizes for the wait for version 0.5.3, as well as an update on the demo download. He’s also introduced a new race, the Salix Cybornia!
- There’s a new dev version of Blockade Runner that adds wings and other things.
- Space Pirates and Zombies, Sins of A Solar Empire: Rebellion and Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter all got updates recently.
- The official Wing Commander Saga website now has the soundtrack available for download.
- Rock, Paper Shotgun has an article about a little space game called Space Murder which is being revived after reaching prototype stage and then dropped a while back.
- Finally, in non-gamey news, the amazing Concept Ships blog has fantastic entries from David Demaret, Manuel Gomez, Vaughan Ling and Tae won jun.
WHEW! I gotta not have such a long break in-between these things, this one took FOREVER. Worth it though, as I like giving y’all all the news I can. :) Have a great day, and thanks for reading!
Continue reading “Spacey Snippets – 5/7/12” »
Artemis, Ascendancy, Battlestar Galactica Online, beyond beyaan, blockade runner, Borderspace, endless space, eve online, FTL, galactic patrol pirates, Kerbal Space Program, Lunar Flight, Novus Aeterno, Salvation Prophecy, sins of a solar empire: rebellion, Space Murder, space pirates and zombies, Star Conflict, starfarer, starlight inception, Sword of the Stars II, Wing Commander Saga
Adding to This List...
Hey y’all, just chiming in because — thanks to Space Sector and SpaceSimCentral — I’ve been learning about new space games I’d never heard of before, and wanted to give credit where credit was due. I also wanted to keep y’all in the loop, in case you missed the mention of these on the other sites. These include:
These have also been added to the list. Now, I try to find all the games I can on my own, but since I’m one guy, I’m asking for help as well. ;)
If you’re a developer of a computer-based space game (i.e. not for mobile or consoles, sorry), and your game isn’t on my list, I invite you to contact me so I can help promote your game. I also have a forum thread dedicated solely to new game announcements and news updates for your use. I’m all about spreading the spacey game love here, and while I’d like to think do a fair job on my own of finding new games to cover, I’d do a better one with some help. ;)
Thanks guys, for visiting and reading! :)
Hey y’all, welcome to another snippy installment! Been way too long since I did one of these, so there’s a TON of crap to cover, so let’s just jump right in…
- Vendetta Online just celebrated it’s tenth anniversary, and has a new version out for y’all to play.
- There’s a new Drox Operative blog entry covering weapons usage.
- There’s a demo patch for the Freeworlds: Tides of War Freelancer mod demo. There are also some new screenshots for everyone to gawk at. ;)
- In Beyond Beyaan news, there are new icons, word on an upcoming patch, word of a demo and a preview over at Space Sector.
- Space Sector also has an article entitled Stellar Indie Venture: Deep Space Settlement — a game I had never heard of — an article entitled “Novus Aeterno Wants You! – A Space 4X MMO with No End?” — about an MMO I’d never heard of — as well as an interview with Camel 101 regarding Gemini Wars. Adam is kicking ass over there, folks.
- Speaking of, you can now also pre-order Gemini Wars, as well as see the box art.
- There’s a video from the Cynical Brit entitled KickSmarter – Episode One that gives coverage to Starlight Inception.
- Rock, Paper Shotgun has an article on the ambitious space sim Ensign-1, which is a pretty good read. There’s also a word of adding shaders to the game to make it look better.
- Naev has been updated to 0.5.3, which adds a portable mode, active cooling and more.
- There’s now a mission editor for Wing Commander Saga: The Darkest Dawn. This also includes a “loose remake” of the first two missions in Wing Commander III: The Heart of the Tiger, which is a nice touch.
- Over on The RPG Addict — which you might recall is the site which inspired this one ;) — is taking another look at Sentinel Worlds I: Future Magic.
- In FTL news, Gamefront has an article entitled, “Kickstart My Gaming Heart, which talks about the game in detail, and over on the official website, they now have a forum (which was up but is down at the moment).
- The Star Conflict website has been updated with forum signatures, a new trailer (which I’ll embed below) and Day of Cosmonautics screenshots.
- There’s also a sweet new trailer for Legends of Pegasus, which I’ll also embed after the cut.
- The excellent website Flash of Steel has an article entitled, “Science in Strategy Games: Master of Orion series” talks about the research in the first two games of this iconic series.
- According to this Meridian4 press release, Stellar Impact has had something of a re-release. Sadly, the official site is down at the moment, but they had time to release a patch at least. ;)
- Apparently the Sisters of Mercy podcast had the creator of Lunar Flight on as a guest.
- ScrumbleShip has been updated to version 0.14.
- Finally, in non-game news, the Concept Ships has amazing designs from Daryl Mandryk and Igor-Alban Chevalier.
And that’s it. Whew!! Enjoy all the news, and have an awesome day!
Continue reading “Spacey Snippets – 4/23/12” »
beyond beyaan, Deep Space Settlement, drox operative, ensign 1, Freeworlds Tides of War, gemini wars, legends of pegasus, Lunar Flight, master of orion, Naev, Novus Aeterno, ScrumbleShip, Sentinel Worlds I: Future Magic, Star Conflict, starlight inception, stellar impact, Vendetta Online, wing commander iii: heart of the tiger, Wing Commander Saga The Darkest Dawn