Welcome back to Tharsis my friends! In this mission I actually make it a bit further than before, but at the cost of my crew becoming cannibals. This is a tough game to wrap my head around, but I think I’m getting there? Maybe? The amount of plates spinning at once — ship health, crew health, hazards, etc — is kind of throwing me for a loop, but I think I can make it if I keep trying. The question is, do I want to keep trying? Part of me doesn’t, because of this ongoing anxiety issue. The game is just tiring me out, and not in a fun, sexy way. More like in a stressful way. The crew feels stress, and outside the game world, I feel it too. Ugh.
Listen to the Latest Podcast!
On the Next Podcast…
- Game of the Week - Wing Commander: Privateer 01/22/2018 – 02/02/2018 I realized recently I'd never recorded a Wing Commander game, so why not start with the best one? This game is seminal enough, and important enough, that it's getting some extra time. ;)
- Podcast #233 - Can You Go Home Again? 01/23/2018 at 5:30 PM – 7:00 AM For this episode, we'll revisit three games we played when we were twenty, and see if they still hold up today.
- LAN Party Thursdays - Board Game Night! 01/25/2018 at 5:30 PM – 6:30 PM Every fourth Thursday of the month, we'll play a board game!
- Monthly MMO Meetup - EVE Online 01/28/2018 at 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM This quarter, we'll be tooling around in EVE Online!
- Podcast #234 - Unique 4X Games 01/30/2018 at 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM For this episode, we'll talk about unique 4X games (such as the recently-covered Warpath games) and what other 4X games could be doing to make them stand out more.