Welcome to 1994’s Alien Legacy my friends! This is a game of exploration and colony management, two things I REALLY enjoy. You not only manage colonies planetside, but also on your massive ark ship, the Calypso. You can also scour the surface of planets in order to gather resources, explore for new colonies, and find clues as to the whereabouts of the colony that was sent here twenty-one years before you. In this first entry, once our colonists begin waking up, I work to make our new colony on Gaea self-sufficient with a factory and a power plant, as well as manufacturing new robots on the Calypso for more production and flight possibilities. I also research new technologies and explore some new places. There’s a TON to do here, so much so I had to slow the game town a tad for fear of it running away from me. It’s a crime this game isn’t available digitally y’all, because it’s great.
Listen to the Latest Podcast!
On the Next Podcast…
- Game of the Week - Station 21 and Deep Sixed 02/19/2018 – 02/23/2018 This week, we'll try to tackle the newly-released space station sim, Station 21, along with the spaceship breakdown simulator, Deep Sixed.
- LAN Party Thursdays - D&D Lords of Waterdeep 02/22/2018 at 5:30 PM – 6:30 PM For board game night this month, we'll be playing D&D Lords of Waterdeep!
- Monthly MMO Meetup - EVE Online 02/25/2018 at 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM This month, we'll be tooling around in EVE Online!
- Game of the Week - Space Tyrant 02/26/2018 – 03/02/2018 This week, we'll engage in some tyrannical space conquest with Space Tyrant!
- Release: Space Tyrant 02/27/2018 Space Tyrant, the fast-playing "5X" game, is slated for release today!