Waiting is the Hardest Part – Daily Dispatch for 9/20/18
When it’s the proposed release day for a game you’re really excited about, you keep Steam open in a tab, refreshing the new releases page until it pops up. No, I’m not talking about Star Control: Origins, that already came out and I already own it. No, my friends, I’m talking about LOGistICAL 2: Belgium. What the hell is LOGistICAL, you ask? I’ve spoken of it before, but basically, it’s an amazing puzzle game in which you “solve” towns by taking them the goods they need, which are made by other towns. It’s a whole SERIES, and I own them ALL. It’s really the perfect game to chill out to while listening to podcasts when you only have, say, twenty or thirty minutes of time to game before dinner or between chores or whatever. This new version changes much of the dynamic of the game, and I cannot WAIT to try it out.
Yeah yeah so today in ST:L more Romulans show up because apparently they’re the only bad guys around and I don’t even remember what happens because IT’S NOT COMPELLING OR INTERESTING so whatever. This game deserves to be forgotten. Not even remembered for being bad, just forgotten for being almost offensively mediocre.
- Star Control: Origins, as mentioned, is out today on Steam, along with its soundtrack and a launch trailer!
- Hyperspace Delivery Service also dropped today on Steam, but with far less fanfare. I do hope to take a crack at it soon.
- Space Impossible has released alpha 15, which includes new bridge components and gates!
- Stellaris has a new dev diary covering sectors and factions. Is there a mod that takes sectors out of the game entirely? I do hate them so.
- Meeple Station has a new post over on Kickstarter about all the work that’s gone into the game of late.
- Heat Signature will be getting a first birthday update next week that should make the game far more engaging than ever before.
- Dreadnought is getting an update they’re calling, “Command The Colossal”, and have released an FAQ about it.
- Celestial Command’s latest update allows you to apparently drag modules. Guess you couldn’t do that before.
- Interstellar Rift is launching a ship design contest.
- No Man’s Sky got a sizeable patch with nothing planet-shattering, but still good stuff.
- Star Trek Online also got a patch with a lot of little things in it.
- Steam is having a Focus Interactive Weekend Sale, which of course includes both Battlefleet Gothic: Armada games and more.
What I’ve Been Playing
- Din’s Legacy – The game’s first patch fixed a lot of the issues I was having, but added some new wrinkles. Why didn’t this minstrel get one of their default skills from the get-go? Why is the village I started in completely deserted of villagers? Why won’t these bug things take damage no matter what I hit them with? I had fun making a minstrel/archer/sorcerer mutant, but more still needs to be done.
That’s it for today folks. See y’all tonight on the stream for some multiplayer Overload! Yay!