Roberts Space Industry Site Launches!!! New Game Announcement on 10/10/12!

1. Sam Langan says:

Accounts are live, code on the front page is 42.

Welcome to the blog Sam, and I saw that the code was 42, but I kinda thought it was cute how they revealed that, so I figured I’d let people discover that for themselves. ;)

• Sam Langan says:

EEh. sorry. I was trying to be helpful. Been lurking for a while, love the blog!

Oh nononon, I’m sorry, please don’t think I was admonishing you or anything, I was just explaining why I hadn’t included it, I appreciate whenever one of my readers tries to be helpful. :) And thank you for the kind words! :)

2. frptunz says:

What is it? What is this thing that clouds my vision? Tears of joy and happiness? Nah, it’s just someboy cuts onions nearby. And… and… I just sneezed, yeah!
    Sniff…
    Sniff…

Crap, ok, revoke my alphamale club card, I’m officially a crybaby! Hell, how long have I been waiting for this announcement…

3. Captain Kal says:

<<>>

Damn!!! Another MMORPG or a Facebook game :(.

How do we know that for sure? I’ve not seen everything, but I didn’t see that mentioned anywhere.

• Captain Kal says:

It was that <>, that I am worried about. And I cannot forget what happened with Garriot’s latest game.

• Captain Kal says:

“With the power of today’s computers and the reach of the internet I finally feel I have the tools to build the connected experience that I always dreamed of. A world that would be more satisfying and richer than any film I could work on.

With films you tell stories but with games you create worlds.”

It was that “connected experience” thing , that I am worried about. And I cannot forget what happened with Garriot’s latest game.

Please, let’s not compare Taylor to Garriott, okay? :P Also, if it’s a connected game, it might be what he had in mind for the multiplayer aspect of Freelancer before Microsoft kinda ruined the whole game, or what Privateer Online might’ve been. If that’s the case, sign me up. Jumpgate came closest to this, and it was just a marvel to play. Sigh.

• Captain Kal says:

Well, I do not like MMORPGs since they require an ammount of time that, it is not possible for me to invest. I would prefer somthing like Privateer or Freelancer , but as a single player game.

I can’t say I blame you at all mate, but if it’s anything like Jumpgate, I’m behind it 100%. Even though I primarily play single player games myself, Jumpgate was just…sublime…

• Captain Kal says:

Considering that World of Warplanes, had me hooked (it is played in short bursts, having that “arcade feeling), if it’s this good I will give it a try!!!!