All The News That’s Fit to…Oh…Radio…
Hellloooooo everyone, and happy Tuesday! Sorry about the lack of a news post yesterday, just too crazy with stuff, so I’ll get caught up today, and there’s a bunch to go over, so let’s get to it!
- Dominion – This Kickstarter has relaunched! Yay! There’s also a ton of updates, including an episode of Worlds (which, honestly, this is the first I’m hearing of, but will be embedded below), a 3D print of a model ship, an Imperial Worlds Catalog, a Maia crossover, a new reward tier and some concept ship art. Now that’s dedication folks, so head over and check ‘em out.
- Rodina – There’s a new trailer showing off some in-game combat both in orbit and in atmo. WANT NOW PLEASE.
- Void of Darkness – We have two new videos to watch on IndieDB, one on weapons and one of some general gameplay using the dynamic event system, both will be embedded below. There’s also a blog post on exploration which makes for great reading.
- StarDrive – Several more reviews, this time from Strategy Informer, Dealspwn, The Digital Fix and 7idgaming (in German). Thanks to cwilsons on the official StarDrive forums for helping find these.
- Earth Doom - I’ve never even heard of this game until today, but this IndieGoGo campaign is for a new version of an old browser-based text game of the same name.
- Star Trek Online – There’s a new preview and dev blog for Legacy of Romulus, and the game was also featured in Star Trek Magazine. Cool cool cool.
- Fringespace – I don’t know if I’ve reported on this before, but this is a mod/total conversion to make Freespace 2 into Tachyon: The Fringe, and you can see the awesomeness in these new Bora fighter models.
- X3: Reunion – The X3: Reunion DLC Bonus Package is available on Steam for free. Apparently – “This complete package contains all existing bonus plugins for users that own X3: Reunion.” Nifty.
- StarMade – The dev reports a new texture pack and performance improvements in the latest patches.
- EVE Online – Both the Escapist and VGN24/7 have articles on EVE’s 10th birthday. Happy belated birthday EVE Online! Oh, also, The Mittani has word that TEST left the HBC alliance. Eeep!
- Star Citizen – There’s a lovely picture of the ORIGIN 300i over on Facebook for y’all to gawk at. ;)
- AI War - There’s a new patch entitled “The Guard Before The Storm” which prepares the game for a NEW expansion entitled, “Vengeance of the Machine”. Hopefully we’ll learn more on that soon.
- And Here the Wheel – Not much to report according to this non-update update on the book based on Elite: Dangerous.
- OreSome – There’s a new post talking about the shipyard, among other things.
- Vendetta Online – There’s a new update which fixes framerate issues, tilting on tablets and other things…
That’s it! Whew! See y’all later folks, have a great day!
Continue reading “Spacey Game News 5/6-7/13: The Frantically Catching Up Edition” »
ai war fleet command, Dominium, Earth Doom, elite: dangerous, eve online, fringespace, oresome, rodina, star citizen, star trek online, stardrive, Vendetta Online, void of darkness, x3 reunion
OMG NEW NEWS GRAPHIC! ;)
Hey folks, happy Friday! Sorry about the lack of news yesterday, was a crazy day and just didn’t have time. There’s two days worth of stuff here, so let’s get right to it!
- Vendetta Online – The Kickstarter — which has only 53 hours left with only 44% funded — has a new update showing off the game on an iPad.
- Beyond Beyaan – Their Kickstarter — which has four days left and is 95% funded — has a new post showing off two races and new stretch goals.
- Rules of Engagement 2 – Thanks to reader Robert for letting me know that OMG THE MANUAL IS FINALLY AVAILABLE ONLINE. Head over to Scribd to check it out.
- EVE Online – The Mittani has two great articles up, one on the U930 massacre, and one on learning the hard way in the game about luck and loss.
- Enemy Starfighter – First new update in a while! This time there’s a post on new AI in the game, which looks awesome.
- Star Conflict – There’s a new patch called Guarding the Space that optimizes the graphics and controls, as well as new wallpaper for y’all to download.
- Endless Space – Apparently their 4th add-on will be titled Virtual Awakening, and they have a post showing a new hero and new tech. Fun stuff, I hope!
- Escaping Titan – Tyler was interviewed by the folks on Gamezone about the game.
- StarDrive – The folks at IncGamers have written up a lovely preview of the game.
- Star Citizen – There’s a new issue of The Lost Generation on the official site, and their Facebook page has a cool modeling graphic of a Bengal carrier.
- Star Trek Online – Apparently Andorian escort vessels are now available in the game, and they look wonderfully menacing, I think.
- StarLife – There’s some new concept art by Aimee Seaver for y’all to gawk at. :)
- FringeSpace – Thanks to Jim for letting me know about this one. It’s apparently a project to remake Tachyon: The Fringe in the Freespace engine. I love the idea.
- Stars of Call – On our forums, user Mutos let us know about a Naev total conversion that’s based on their original fictional universe. It looks pretty damned cool, and you can try it out for free.
- Ring Runner – There’s a great new video showing off a multiplayer match with bots, which I’ll embed below the cut.
- Bitfighter – This is a new free multiplayer space combat game over on Desura that looks kinda fun.
Now, in deals, there are a LOT to go over, so let’s dive in:
- Gratuitous Space Battles is having a free weekend on Steam, plus the game itself is 75% off, meaning the base game is $3.74 and the “complete” pack is $4.74. The discount isn’t on the latest DLC though.
- Lunar Flight (PC, Mac) is on sale at GetGames for 4.99.
- The Indie Gala Colossus bundle includes a copy of Galactic Civilizations 1: Ultimate Edition along with a buncha other games if you pay around $5 as I write this.
- Amazon is having a HUGE Farewell to February sale, which includes a few space games such as Space Empires 5 for $4.99, O.R.B. for $2.49 and Spacebar (which I’ve never heard of) for $1.24.
- While not technically a space game, Sword of the Stars: The Pit — from the folks who made the Sword of the Stars space games — is finally available and going for $8.99 on GamersGate. Initial impressions are quite mixed on this one.
Finally, in kinda-related news, one of the co-founders of the Unity engine, which a lot of space game devs are using these days, it seems, has left the company to make games on his own. Finally finally, Ziff-Davis closed down 1Up, UGO and GameSpy yesterday, all of which gave decent coverage to space games, so I wish all those folks luck in finding new gigs.
That’s it for today folks! Have an awesome weekend!
Continue reading “Spacey Gamey News and Dealsies 2/21-22/13: Random Bucket of Randomness” »
beyond beyaan, bitfighter, endless space, enemy starfighter, escaping titan, eve online, fringespace, galactic civilizations, gratuitous space battles, Lunar Flight, o.r.b., Ring Runner - Flight of The Sages, Rules of Engagement 2, Space Empires V, spacebar, star citizen, Star Conflict, star trek online, stardrive, starlife, stars of call, sword of the stars, Vendetta Online