Star Wars: X-Wing Alliance
Star Wars: X-Wing Alliance is the final Star Wars game made by Totally Games, who also made X-Wing, TIE Fighter and X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter.
Playing as Ace Azzameen, the youngest member of a powerful trading family, you must both help your family and the Alliance fight against their enemies. For your family, you help fight their increasingly cutthroat rivals, the Viraxo and usually fight alongside various family members. Alliance missions run a wide gamut from reconnaissance to full-on strikes.
Places to Buy
- Gameranger (To Play Online)
- X-Wing Alliance Upgrade
- X-Wing Alliance Central File Downloads (Lots of Useful Stuff Here)
- X-Wing Alliance Installation on modern Operating Systems
- X-Wing Alliance Installer (ModDB)
- X-Wing Alliance Installer (Home Page with Instructions)
- X-Wing Alliance Pilot Editor (ModDB)
Here's what I did to get the game to run. You need a copy of the game disks to do this properly, and it comes on two disks.
- Copy the entire contents of disk 1 to a folder on my C: drive called "XWA_DISK__1"
- Ran the X-Wing Alliance installer which installed some new files into the "XWA_DISK__1" directory, some being overwritten
- Ran the new "Setup.exe" file that the last step installed, which installed the game
- Once the game was installed, I downloaded the total craft pack from the X-Wing Alliance Upgrade and installed that in the game directory
- (Optional) Used the X-Wing Alliance pilot editor to skip the family missions ;)