Spacey Snippets – 11/11/11
With a busy week at work, along with finising up my look at Space I and doing research into the best n00b-friendly space games, I missed a buncha news, so let’s get to it!
- There’s a ton of EVE Online related news, such as a new ship (the Caldari Naga), new nebulae, a rewrite of the starbase system, a new fitting window, a new launcher, a wealth of goodies for explorers (like me, yay!) and finally, some “In Development” videos looking at their art, core gameplay and more. Yeesh, that’s a mouthful…looks like it was a good tiem to resub though. ;)
- Beyond Beyaan’s Brent has posted a bunch of new blog entries covering transports, articles on fleet UI here, here and here, and articles on pollution, reserves and the galaxy screen.
- The Star Supremacy folks are having a ship design contest.
- There’s a new patch for Space Pirates and Zombies.
- Star Trek Online is revising its space skills, and will be going Free to Play on January 17th, 2012 according to Eurogamer.
- Soldak Entertainment has a new Drox Operative blog entry covering ship components, as well as a new Google Plus page.
- The Star Conflict website has a new artwork section as well as an updated storyline.
- Haegemonia Gold Edition is on sale at Good Old Games this weekend as part of a larger weekend sale.
- There’s a new updated version of Evochron Mercenary available for download.
- Finally, as part of their “Gaming Made Me” series, RPS author Craig Pearson discusses his fond memories of Elite II: Frontier.
Whew, I need to catch my breath now! Have a great weekend everyone!