So Many Pieces of News…
Haaaaaaaayyyyy folks, happy Whenever-I-Finally-Post-This! ;) I hope these last weeks have found you all well, and less busy/tired than I’ve been. ;) I’ve just not had time to do the news (or much else) in the past several weeks. That’s a-changing though, for a couple of reasons. First, work is slowing down, so I’ll have more physical and mental energy to put toward the blog. Secondly, I found I was more productive on the blog before my awesome girlfriend moved in, so I’ve come up with the hopeful solution of setting aside certain nights of the week, and weekends when I have time, to dedicate time and energy solely to this blog. This should help me find a better balance and begin to put out content more regularly again. :)
As for news, let’s just dive in, as there’s a TON to go over (so much so I’m putting it under a cut):
Enjoy the Onslaught…
0x10c, ai war, And Here the Wheel, beyond beyaan, Distant Worlds: Shadows, Dominium, drox operative, endless space, enemy starfighter, epic space game, eve online, FTL, Galactic Domination, Galaxy on Fire 2 HD, imperium galactica, Infinite Space 3, Kerbal Space Program, limit theory, OpenIG, oresome, predestination, rodina, rogue system, star citizen, Star Conflict, star trek online, stardrive, starflight 2, starlife, starmade, starsector, starstrategy, strike suit zero, Sword of the Stars II, Tradewars, Tradewars Rising, Vendetta Online, void of darkness, x rebirth
SO MUCH NEWSINESS!
Helllloooo everyone! SOOO SORRY I’ve been lax on posting the news, but I’ve been just SO busy and SO tired I’ve barely had a break for anything else. In fact, that TIE Fighter video below was pretty much all I’ve had energy for recently until now, thankfully. I’m finally feeling more awake and human, and need to get both you folks AND myself informed as to the latest spacey gamey stuff going on, so let’s dive in, it’s pretty deep.
- Escaping Titan – The Kickstarter for the Escaping Titan rulebook collection has launched, and has a very modest funding fee which will, I believe, help fund the game itself. I know I’m kicking to it, are you? ;) These guys will also be on the next episode of the podcast, so stay tuned!
- Weird Worlds – This awesome, AWESOME game is now on Steam! YAY! Go get it! :)
- Horizon – Got word today that Iceberg Interactive will be publishing this game! Congrats to them!
- Star Citizen – Lots of updates here. First, Gamasutra has an interview with Chris Roberts on his crowdfunding successes. Gameinformer also has an intterview with the main man. Then, the official site has some Terra concept art, a new issue of “The Lost Generation“, a fan spotlight on ship designs, and a video with lead artist Mark Skelton, which will be below.
- I.O.U: Isle of Universe – Thanks to Demorve on Quarter to Three for pointing this out to me. Over on Steam Greenlight, there’s an interesting looking game called I.O.U: Isle of Universe which I’d never heard of before, but looks nifty as heck, so I’ma keep an eye out on it. :) You can see a video of the game in action after the cut.
- Starflight II – The CRPG Addict has posted several entries covering his look at the game, which are all fantastic reads as usual. :) If you’ve not played this, they’re VERY spoilery, FYI, so proceed with caution.
- EVE Online – Holy crap, lots of articles on this one. The official site has stories on The Angel Project and a dev blog on the war on bots. The Mittani has a look at the The Burning Life novel, two articles on the use of carriers, and various articles covering the TEST Alliance, EVE University’s head resigning, incoming planetary ownership in Dust, Li3 Alliance having its wallet stolen, a look at the revised Black Ops system, and a look at the old Naglfar cap ship. Whew!
- Star Conflict – The Mittani also has an article on getting started in the game. There’s also a small Q&A on the official site.
- FTL – Polygon has a lovely little story about the background of the game and its success.
- Kerbal Space Program – Version 0.19 has been released which includes Linux support, atmospheric effects, new parts and a lot more. I need to make another video of this ASAP.
- AI War – There’s a new update entitled “Core Foamhammer” which adds new versions of eighteen ships.
- Beyond Beyaan – There’s a new update on wormholes and starlanes for y’all to read.
- Distant Worlds – Rob over on One Guy, Too Many Games has reviewed the game and found it didn’t click with him, sadly.
- Star Lords – According to a Tweet from the game’s developer, you can now get Alpha 3.0 at the official site.
- Limit Theory – There’s a new progress update over on the the game’s forum which, as always, is a great read.
- StarDrive – To help make up for my own lack of a preview (SORRY, been so busy), I present to you this comical Let’s Play forum series.
- Angular Velocity – There’s are a couple of progress updates as well as a new video, which will be under the cut below.
- StarStrategy – The lead developer is looking for help with some graphics for the game. There’s also a new screenshot, new video, and some progress updates.
- Void of Darkness – There’s a new call for alpha testers, and a new video to gawk at as well!
- Miner Wars 2081 – There’s a new update for the game which apparently includes the source code!
- Elite: Dangerous – Thanks to Wild Bill for sending these in! :) There’s a new progress update video up on Kickstarter.
- Infinity – Wow, twice in as many weeks with a new update, this time talking about the possibility of a Kickstarter and other fun stuff.
- Predestination – There’s a new race reveal! Meet the Sauros! Aren’t they ADORABLE? ;)
- Galactic Reign – This is a new game that looks like a fun space conquest game, but is only available on Windows 8 and Windows Phone, so I likely won’t be playing it. Sighs. Thanks VGN247!
- Drox Operative – JUST UNDER THE WIRE. Just as I was about to post this story, I saw there’s a new patch for the game which adds…new colors on some ships…oh, and a bug.
Next up, SolCommand has some lovely models for your game creation usage, this time of a Giza Pyramid ship, a Dyn shield emitter, a Kurat Command Ship and some futuristic towers. Finally (OMG I KNOW), the Concept Ships blog has lovely art from rd7, Colin Foran and Jon McCoy.
WHEW! I need a nap! Have a good one folks, and I’ll try to make these more regular in the coming week, but don’t be surprised if I miss a day or two, as I’m just swamped. :/ Thanks for visiting and reading, as always, and have a great day!
Continue reading “Space Game News and Deals 3/13-19/13: Serious Ketchup Needed” »
ai war fleet command, angular velocity, beyond beyaan, distant worlds, drox operative, elite: dangerous, escaping titan, eve online, FTL, Galactic Reign, horizon, I.O.U: Isle of Universe, infinity, Kerbal Space Program, limit theory, miner wars 2081, predestination, star citizen, Star Conflict, star lords, stardrive, starflight 2, starstrategy, void of darkness, weird worlds return to infinite space
SO MUCH NEWS!!!
Hello everyone, and happy Tuesday! Sorry about the lack of news yesterday, had a dentist appointment and no time to put into this, sadly. Fun times! This mean I have news from today, yesterday and the weekend to cover, so let’s dive in!
- Endless Space – There’s a new screenshot of a new Automaton hero, Mizn Ora-Yur, from the upcoming Virtual Awakening expansion. I love the look of it.
- EVE Online – The Mittani has some great EVE-based articles such as the sin of sloth in the game, news on a new battle of U930, a look at the sovereignty system, some unrest in the Li3 federation and finally, an interview with the folks behind the EVE documentary called “A Tale of Internet Spaceships“,
- Freespace 2 – Speaking of The Mittani, they take at look at the BEST SPACE COMBAT SIM EVER in their Nostalgia files.
- Star Citizen – There’s a new update entitled, “Information as Currency; the Rise of the InfoAgent” which talks about this career path.
- SlipSpace – There’s a new dev video on their Kickstarter page that I sadly can’t embed, but it looks nifty!
- Rogue System – FlightSim.com has a nice little blurb about the game. Michael also posted some thoughts on Kickstarter and a small article on how hardcore the game is. Finally, there’s a new startup video, which I’ll embed below.
- StarMade – There’s both a quick status update that followed the release of a new test build for folks to try, including me. ;)
- Beyond Beyaan – Spider! (He is our hero) Also, the Kickstarter has less than a day left, so if you wanna kick in, now’s the time. :)
- StarLife – The devs have set up a new forum for y’all to chat about the game.
- Star Trek Online – There’s a small update covering a possible roleplaying code of conduct. They also have Friday screenshots, as well as a new starship spotlight video, which I’ll embed below.
- Miner Wars 2081 – According to a tweet on their Twitter feed, the devs have begun work on modding support, as well as releasing “99% of the game source code”. I wonder what that other 1% would be…
- StarStrategy – More screenshots of things going pew pew!
- Rules of Engagement 2 – Maurice — you know, one of the gentlement I just interviewed about the game — posted an old review of the game from OMNI magazine that’s a real treat to read.
- ZigFrak – The folks at TechZwn (odd name) have a review of the game for y’all to enjoy.
- Deep Space Settlement – There’s a cool new screenshot over on yfrog.
- Galaxial – There’s a new dev blog entry covering colony management that looks pretty awesome.
- Drox Operatove – There are some new tweets teasing features in the upcoming expansion.
- Space Nerds in Space – Thanks to Free Gamer for letting us know about this upcoming starship bridge simulator inspired by Artemis.
- Sword of the Stars II – Universal Gaming Reviews has a review and giveaway of the game.
- Strike Suit Zero – Speaking of giveaways, Space Sector is having one for this game.
- Epic Space Game – There’s a new post detailing the latest changes to the game.
- Star Command – There’s a new update apologizing for their lack of updates and then giving a small update on their Kickstarter.
- Longshot – The dad at Dad’s Gaming Addiction did an article on the game.
- AI War – Now that their latest game is released, Arcen can now return to patching this one. ;)
- Void of Darkness – This is a new Starflight-inspired game sent into me by reader John, so thanks John!
- Wing Commander – Podcast Partner Jim sent over this awesome video of a hard-rock cover of the game’s theme. This will totally be embedded below the cut.
Next up, sales, and there’s a good chunk of stuff! Steam is having several midweek sales, which includes the following:
Finally, related news! First, since we cover older games here, I though that a new version of the Amiga emulator WinUAE being released was somewhat relevant, thanks to Indie Retro News for the update. Next, I missed this somehow but Artem Bank — the gentleman who composed the amazing music for Star Ruler — has two new bits of music out, “Facebook 5” and “Natural” which sound great. Finally, the Concept Ships blog has fantastic ships from Joseph Cross and a gorgeous orbiter concept from Rasmus Poulsen.
That’s it folks! WHEW! Thanks for visiting, and enjoy!
Continue reading “Spacey Game News and Deals 2/25-26/13: Catching Up Edition” »
beyond beyaan, Deep Space Settlement, drox operative, endless space, epic space game, eve online, freespace, galaxial, gemini wars, longshot, miner wars 2081, rogue system, Rules of Engagement 2, slipspace, Space Empires IV, Space Empires V, space nerds in space, star citizen, Star Command, star ruler, star trek online, starlife, starmade, starstrategy, stellar impact, strike suit zero, Sword of the Stars II, void of darkness, wing commander, zigfrak
Not Much News Today…
Hey everyone, happy Wednesday! I hope y’all are feeling better than I am! So. Freaking. Tired. This cold-whatever-it-is-thing is really hanging on, and I am hoping a weekend of rest will really get me back on track. Y’all didn’t come here to read me jibber-jabber though, you want spacey game goodness! Here ya go!
And that’s it! Slow news day, huh? Have a great day y’all, and I’ll talk to y’all tomorrow!
Hello, and happy Monday! I hope y’all had a great weekend! Mine was alright, I’m not feeling awesome, and the girlfriend had a fever, so it wasn’t as awesome as it could’ve been, but we did get a lot of West Wing (girlfriend’s first runthrough) and The Wire (my first time through) in. ;) Aaaanyway, you’re not here to read me ramble (and if you are, [insert whichever diety/dieties you believe in here] help you), you’re here for NEWS, so here it is! (Remember, videos will be after the cut.)
- Vendetta Online – There’s a new video talking about large-scale AI in the game to make it more dynamic.
- EVE Online – The CCP folks are doing a mass test on Singularity this Wednesday, and whoever is involved in helping squash the bug they’re looking for will get 2 million skill points.
- StarDrive – There’s a new developer’s update over on Facebook which fixes a lot of small bugs for the latest version of the game, 0.95.
- CLR – The devs of this game wrote me and let me know, among other things, that there’s a Steam Greenlight page for the game with videos and stuff that look pretty cool! There are two videos on this one, which will be below.
- Ring Runner – There’s a new update on Kickstarter about some of their community involvement as well as a sneak peak on the upcoming game update. Yo dawg, we heard you like updates…
- Stars! Nova – Was just informed of this update or remake of Stars!, which looks pretty nifty. Hasn’t been updated in ages, though. :/
- Dominion – There’s a new blog entry about a camera attachment that lets you take pictures anywhere you want in the game.
- Miner Wars 2081 – Wanna see what this game looked like back in 2001 when it was first conceived? Check out the early video. Wow.
- Rogue System - There’s a new update about their upcoming Kickstarter campaign, which should start in a bit more than a week! Yay!
- Lunar Flight – The game’s author posted a new update about the game’s future, including the addition of multiplayer. THAT’LL be fun to watch, at least. ;)
- Edge of Space – There’s a new weekly update over on the game’s forum about how the game is coming along.
- Deep Space Settlement – There’s a new screenshot of a standalone turret, which is SO PRETTY.
- StarStrategy – Remember this one? Well he’s not updated his blog in ages, but you can now download .11 of the game over on SpaceSimCentral’s forums, as well as see some new screenshots and read the changelog on the actual blog.
- Predestination – There’s a new video of planetary colonization and such that looks really awesome. Thanks 4xgamer!
- Freespace 2 – Last but certainly not least, there’s a new version of Freespace Open over on Hard Light Productions for all you awesome folks still playing FS2. ;)
Now, in kinda related news, Chris Roberts interviewed Chris Taylor of Gas Powered Games about his Wildman Kickstarter campaign in a new segment on the Star Citizen type entitled “Game Changers”. Finally, the devs of the space 4x board game Hegemonic asked me to promote the final hours of their Kickstarter campaign, so here we are. ;)
That’s it for today folks! Thanks for reading, and have a lovely day!
Continue reading “Space Game News 2/4/13: Not That Manic a Monday” »
clr, Deep Space Settlement, Dominium, eve online, freespace 2, freespace open, Lunar Flight, miner wars 2081, predestination, Ring Runner - Flight of The Sages, star citizen, stardrive, stars! nova, starstrategy, Vendetta Online
Heeeeeey party people, how are y’all?! It’s close to the weekend! YAY! I am so looking forward to the weekend it’s silly, and I hope y’all are too. With that said, let’s dive into some news! (Remember, videos are embedded below the cut.)
- Limit Theory – There’s a new video update to show off some lovely progress of the game, and the game’s Kickstarter has some more fun tidbits besides. I want this game now kplzthnxbye. ;)
- Star Citizen – There’s a new issue of The Lost Generation for your reading pleasure.
- EVE Online – There’s a new FanFest 2013 trailer available, and The Mittani has a look at the battle of M0O-JG.
- Drox Operative – There’s a new quick look video over on Tekk’s Tavern.
- Freespace 2 – On the Hard Light Facebook page, they’ve posted about some updated campaigns that take advantage of the latest FS_Open executionable and mediavps.
- Ring Runner – There’s a new screenshot of a ship which, I think, is called the Atamal class. I lose track of the Tweet this came from so I’m not 100%. They need a blog or something…
- StarStrategy – Wow, been AGES since I’ve seen word on this one, but suddenly there are some new screenshots over on SpaceSimCentral!
- Homeworld – The folks at VentureBeat have an interview with teamPixel about their efforts to revive the game’s license.
- Star Conflict – Another update with a new PvE mission involving sabotage!
- Retrobooster – The folks at the Indie Games Channel have written some words about the game. ;)
- Gratuitous Space Battles – Jay is Games (Is he? Is he really?) has a review of the latest DLC for the game, Outcasts. I’ma gonna be working on one too my own self.
- Star Trek Online – Another day, another dev blog, this time discussing the featured embassy project.
- CLR – I just found about about this game yesterday, and you can read more about it on their IndieDB page. I’ll bring you more soon.
- Via Galactica – After what felt like a long hiatus, the game has been updated to version 1.7.3., which adds numerous bug fixes and improvements.
In the deals area, Steam is having a weekend deal on the entire AI War series for 75% off. Finally, there’s a LOVELY fighter concept painting by Numioh over at the Concept Ships blog.
That’s it folks! Remember to tune in tonight at 6 PM Pacific time, 9 PM Eastern time for a LIVE Q&A (my first ever!) with Tyler Yohe of Broken Crown Games. I should be able to embed it here, but you’ll also be able to see it on my brand-new Google+ profile page and my YouTube channel. Hope to see y’all there!
Continue reading “Spacey Game News and Deals 1/31/13: Some Old Friends Return…” »
ai war fleet command, clr, drox operative, eve online, freespace 2, gratuitous space battles, Homeworld, limit theory, retrobooster, Ring Runner - Flight of The Sages, star citizen, Star Conflict, star trek online, starstrategy, via galactica