A Light Graphic for a Light News Day.
Hey folks, happy Tuesday! I hope your week is cruising along splendidly! Not a lot of news today, sadly, but sometimes it’s nice to have a break after yesterday’s onslaught. ;) Let’s get to it…
And that’s it! Have a great day folks!!
Continue reading “Spacey Game News 3/12/13 – Light News Day” »
Glug Glug SO MUCH NEWS Glug
Hey folks, happy Wednesday! Sorry for the severe delay in, well, nearly everything, but I’ve had a HELLUVA week. I was out of town most of the weekend and had to put in several extra hours at work so I could take some time off today, but it’s all for a good reason. ;) Now I’m back in town and kinda rested up, and there’s a TON of news to go through, so let’s get to it…
- Star Citizen – There’s an update on the Clean Shot Shipping saga, a screenshot of a base head (no, really), and a video showcasing Sandi Gardiner Cloud Imperium’s VP of Marketing, which I’ll embed below the cut.
- Rogue System – There’s a new video showing off clips of combat and discussing the AI which will be embedded below. There are also updates on his Kickstarter talking about core ship systems and a new $150 tier.
- Homeworld – The teamPixel folks have no also launched a Kickstarter for their Homeworld Touch and Homeworld 3 pitches, and have video of the Touch version in action that I’ll embed below.
- Endless Space – According to their latest dev blog, the Virtual Awakening add-on will be released on March 11th. The post also has some other tibits about the expansion as well. There are also posts on new exploration events and new victory warnings.
- NASA Game Jam – According to Rock, Paper, Shotgun, the folks at NASA are a hosting a game jam this coming weekend to make games about space and science! Can’t wait to see what comes out of it. :)
- Drox Operative – There’s a new beta batch that alters Shadow cloaking, fixes bombs and other little fixes. There’s also a new review on Gaming Trend.
- Ring Runner – Sadly they didn’t win The Next Game Boss, but lead programmer Enrique Dryere thanks us for our support. There’s also a new video showing off ship customization which looks REALLY helpful to someone like me. ;) There’s also a video of an exclusive multiplayer reveal on MaskedGamer and one of the space city alpha build. These will all be embedded below. Finally there’s a preview of the game over on Indie Statik.
- Space Rangers HD – Thanks for Puce Moose on Gamers with Job for translating a Russian Tweet from the devs stating the release date for the game will be March 15th! Yay!
- Void of Darkness - There’s a new dev blog post on interface and combat notes. They also have a new combat test video, which I’ll embed below.
- Starsector – Eurogamer has a nice little preview of the game.
- EVE Online – The Mittani has a great article on revisiting bounty hunting one about loving faction war and one about music to play in the game. There’s also a new video showcasing the massive Battle of Asakai, which I’ll embed below.
- Star Conflict – The Mittani also has a review of this game, which I should actually play some more.
- AI War – The latest patch, called “Nemesis of the Dubious Honor“, deals with champion AI and other things.
- StarLife – There are new posts showcasing some music, diplomacy and a custom race screen.
- Strike Suit Zero – As I said in the most recent podcast, Born Ready Games released a massive patch that adds checkpoint saves, difficulty settings, a cockpit view and revises the targeting. I might actually play this again. ;)
- Kinetic Void – There’s a new update on their Kickstarter page showing off some of the game’s new art, which looks lovely. There’s also a development update I somehow missed. :/ Sorry folks.
- Space Explorer – The owner of the SolCommand site let us know that a user named “Leocesar” is working on a new game, which looks awesomely Homeworldesque, and you can see a video of it after the cut. ;) You can read about it also on the Unity forums. They also have some new models to be used in your upcoming space games. ;)
- StarMade – There’s a new blog post on IndieDB about preloading surrounding sectors, which sounds like an awesome idea.
- Starflight II – The CRPG Addict has begun his extensive look at the game, which I can’t wait to see more of.
- FreeOrion – Thanks to Free Gamer for letting us know that a new version of FreeOrion has recently been released, which improves the AI, includes many GUI enhancements and so on. There are also some YouTube vids showing off the game, the playlist to which I’ll embed below.
- Dominion – There’s a new piece of concept art on their website.
- Kerbal Space Program - There’s a new fan video showing us the story of Kerballo 13. ;) It’ll also be embedded below.
And you thought we were done?! HAH! We still have some deals to go over! These include:
ALMOST THERE. You can now but an unofficial Serenity LEGO set, which looks amazing. FINALLY, there’s an amazing article by John Shafer about how diplomacy works in his 4X game that I’d LOVE to see adapted to space 4X games.
THAT’S it. I need a drink. Or several. *collapse*
This Way for a BOATLOAD if Videos…
ai war fleet command, Armada 2526, beat hazard ultra, dominion, drox operative, endless space, eve online, Homeworld, Kerbal Space Program, kinetic void, miner wars 2081, Ring Runner - Flight of The Sages, rogue system, space explorer, Space Rangers HD A War Apart, star citizen, Star Conflict, starflight 2 trade routes of the cloud nebula, starlife, starmade, starsector, strike suit zero, void of darkness
More Chit Chat
Hello, and welcome to episode 01 of the SGJ Podcast. Join Jim from the Bad Movie Podcast and me as we try to adapt something of a format in order to have some more focus and structure! ;) We talk about some news, some games we’re playing, and our topic for this week, which games that are still worth playing even though their graphics and UI are on the archaic side. We also look at the opposite side of the coin, games that have held up well over the years.
Podcast: Play in new window
We also have an iTunes page now, as well as our RSS feed! Yay! Thank you for listening, and please find our show notes under the cut. :) Also, since I’m still pretty new to this podcasting thing (it’s old hat to Jim, thankfully), please don’t hesitate to give me constructive criticism on how I can improve my performance either in the comments below or in the forum. :) Hope the length is okay with y’all, but again, new to this stuff, still trying to be efficient. ;) Thanks again! :)
Continue reading “SGJ Podcast #01: Graphics vs. UI vs. Gameplay! FIGHT!” »
beyong beyaan, drox operative, elite, endless space, freelancer, Homeworld, homeworld 2, homeworld cataclysm, Independence War 2: Edge of Chaos, Kerbal Space Program, privateer gemini gold, rogue system, Rules of Engagement, Rules of Engagement 2, Sentinel Worlds I: Future Magic, space rogue, Star Command, star fleet 1, star fleet 2, star trek: starfleet command: orion pirates, star wars: tie fighter, star wars: x-wing alliance, starflight, starflight 2 trade routes of the cloud nebula, starlander, wing commander, wing commander ii, wing commander iii: heart of the tiger, wing commander iv the price of freedom, wing commander prophecy
Yeah, I Have to Get Creative with News-Related Images. :P
Hey y’all, welcome to Friday! With the weekend almost upon us, it’s time for our final round of news for the week! Let’s take a look at what’s going on, shall we? ;)
- The big news of the day is that the Kickstarter for Strike Suit Zero has past their funding goal of $100,000!! Congrats to them! According to a Tweet from Jamin Smith, a pledge from the lead designer of Assassin’s Creed 3, Steve Masters, pushed them over the line.
- The races page on the Drox Operative website has been updated with info for two more races in the game, the Humans and the Shadow. Also, according to a post on Soldak’s Facebook, the next patch will include bounty hunters that can hunt Operatives! Cool! Edit: The patch is out! Read about the changes here! Yay!
- Even though we talked about the release date for Miner Wars 2081 yesterday, Rock, Paper Shotgun has a nice writeup about it.
- Finally in the news, the Star Citizen Kickstarter has been updated with a small Q&A about the Xi’An, a recently revealed alien race in the game.
Now, in terms of sales, GOG is having a Massive EA Selection sale this weekend, which includes spacey classics such as:
Which are all just dang amazing deals. If you don’t, for some WACKY reason, already own these, this is a great time to snag some of the best space gaming ever. The final deal is over on Steam, where you can get the just-released-over-there Gemini Wars for $15.99.
Finally, in non-gaming news, there are some lovely ship designs over on the Concept Ships blog from Tom McDowell.
And that’s it for today folks. I hope y’all have a lovely weekend and get some fun spacey gaming in. :)
drox operative, gemini wars, miner wars 2081, star citizen, starflight, starflight 2 trade routes of the cloud nebula, strike suit zero, wing commander, wing commander ii, wing commander iii: heart of the tiger, wing commander iv the price of freedom
Whole New Games for Mac! Yay!
Well GOG has certainly been busy, as they had a conference today to launch a buncha things, many of interest to space gamers. First off, they’re bringing many of their games to the Mac platform, several for the first time! In spacey game goodness, this includes:
FTL, which was already available on Mac, can now also be down for the platform through GOG if you have a copy there as well. This is AWESOME for Mac games, and I’m truly and honestly thrilled for y’all. :) I tried to run one of their games (non-spacey game, Theme Hospital) on my MacBook Pro here at work and it worked like a champ. I am VERY wary of installing Starflight, as I will get NOTHING done. ;)
Snag This, People!
They’re also launching a deal in which you can pay what you want for various Interplay games, and for $34.99, you get 32 games, which is a freaking bargain because of course you get Freespace and Freespace 2 among other non-spacey classics. This deal runs for the next two weeks. I’d jump it but I already own pretty much every game in the catalog already. ;)
Enjoy the deals and the new games! ;)
One of the bestest games EVAR!
I want to tell you a story, so please, have a seat, get some hot chocolate, and listen…
Continue reading “GoG NOW HAS STARFLIGHT 1 AND 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” »