SO MUCH NEWS!!!
Hello everyone, and happy Tuesday! Sorry about the lack of news yesterday, had a dentist appointment and no time to put into this, sadly. Fun times! This mean I have news from today, yesterday and the weekend to cover, so let’s dive in!
- Endless Space – There’s a new screenshot of a new Automaton hero, Mizn Ora-Yur, from the upcoming Virtual Awakening expansion. I love the look of it.
- EVE Online – The Mittani has some great EVE-based articles such as the sin of sloth in the game, news on a new battle of U930, a look at the sovereignty system, some unrest in the Li3 federation and finally, an interview with the folks behind the EVE documentary called “A Tale of Internet Spaceships“,
- Freespace 2 – Speaking of The Mittani, they take at look at the BEST SPACE COMBAT SIM EVER in their Nostalgia files.
- Star Citizen – There’s a new update entitled, “Information as Currency; the Rise of the InfoAgent” which talks about this career path.
- SlipSpace – There’s a new dev video on their Kickstarter page that I sadly can’t embed, but it looks nifty!
- Rogue System – FlightSim.com has a nice little blurb about the game. Michael also posted some thoughts on Kickstarter and a small article on how hardcore the game is. Finally, there’s a new startup video, which I’ll embed below.
- StarMade – There’s both a quick status update that followed the release of a new test build for folks to try, including me. ;)
- Beyond Beyaan – Spider! (He is our hero) Also, the Kickstarter has less than a day left, so if you wanna kick in, now’s the time. :)
- StarLife – The devs have set up a new forum for y’all to chat about the game.
- Star Trek Online – There’s a small update covering a possible roleplaying code of conduct. They also have Friday screenshots, as well as a new starship spotlight video, which I’ll embed below.
- Miner Wars 2081 – According to a tweet on their Twitter feed, the devs have begun work on modding support, as well as releasing “99% of the game source code”. I wonder what that other 1% would be…
- StarStrategy – More screenshots of things going pew pew!
- Rules of Engagement 2 – Maurice — you know, one of the gentlement I just interviewed about the game — posted an old review of the game from OMNI magazine that’s a real treat to read.
- ZigFrak – The folks at TechZwn (odd name) have a review of the game for y’all to enjoy.
- Deep Space Settlement – There’s a cool new screenshot over on yfrog.
- Galaxial – There’s a new dev blog entry covering colony management that looks pretty awesome.
- Drox Operatove – There are some new tweets teasing features in the upcoming expansion.
- Space Nerds in Space – Thanks to Free Gamer for letting us know about this upcoming starship bridge simulator inspired by Artemis.
- Sword of the Stars II – Universal Gaming Reviews has a review and giveaway of the game.
- Strike Suit Zero – Speaking of giveaways, Space Sector is having one for this game.
- Epic Space Game – There’s a new post detailing the latest changes to the game.
- Star Command – There’s a new update apologizing for their lack of updates and then giving a small update on their Kickstarter.
- Longshot – The dad at Dad’s Gaming Addiction did an article on the game.
- AI War – Now that their latest game is released, Arcen can now return to patching this one. ;)
- Void of Darkness – This is a new Starflight-inspired game sent into me by reader John, so thanks John!
- Wing Commander – Podcast Partner Jim sent over this awesome video of a hard-rock cover of the game’s theme. This will totally be embedded below the cut.
Next up, sales, and there’s a good chunk of stuff! Steam is having several midweek sales, which includes the following:
Finally, related news! First, since we cover older games here, I though that a new version of the Amiga emulator WinUAE being released was somewhat relevant, thanks to Indie Retro News for the update. Next, I missed this somehow but Artem Bank — the gentleman who composed the amazing music for Star Ruler — has two new bits of music out, “Facebook 5” and “Natural” which sound great. Finally, the Concept Ships blog has fantastic ships from Joseph Cross and a gorgeous orbiter concept from Rasmus Poulsen.
That’s it folks! WHEW! Thanks for visiting, and enjoy!
Continue reading “Spacey Game News and Deals 2/25-26/13: Catching Up Edition” »
beyond beyaan, Deep Space Settlement, drox operative, endless space, epic space game, eve online, freespace, galaxial, gemini wars, longshot, miner wars 2081, rogue system, Rules of Engagement 2, slipspace, Space Empires IV, Space Empires V, space nerds in space, star citizen, Star Command, star ruler, star trek online, starlife, starmade, starstrategy, stellar impact, strike suit zero, Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter, void of darkness, wing commander, zigfrak
OMG NEW NEWS GRAPHIC! ;)
Hey folks, happy Friday! Sorry about the lack of news yesterday, was a crazy day and just didn’t have time. There’s two days worth of stuff here, so let’s get right to it!
- Vendetta Online – The Kickstarter — which has only 53 hours left with only 44% funded — has a new update showing off the game on an iPad.
- Beyond Beyaan – Their Kickstarter — which has four days left and is 95% funded — has a new post showing off two races and new stretch goals.
- Rules of Engagement 2 – Thanks to reader Robert for letting me know that OMG THE MANUAL IS FINALLY AVAILABLE ONLINE. Head over to Scribd to check it out.
- EVE Online – The Mittani has two great articles up, one on the U930 massacre, and one on learning the hard way in the game about luck and loss.
- Enemy Starfighter – First new update in a while! This time there’s a post on new AI in the game, which looks awesome.
- Star Conflict – There’s a new patch called Guarding the Space that optimizes the graphics and controls, as well as new wallpaper for y’all to download.
- Endless Space – Apparently their 4th add-on will be titled Virtual Awakening, and they have a post showing a new hero and new tech. Fun stuff, I hope!
- Escaping Titan – Tyler was interviewed by the folks on Gamezone about the game.
- StarDrive – The folks at IncGamers have written up a lovely preview of the game.
- Star Citizen – There’s a new issue of The Lost Generation on the official site, and their Facebook page has a cool modeling graphic of a Bengal carrier.
- Star Trek Online – Apparently Andorian escort vessels are now available in the game, and they look wonderfully menacing, I think.
- StarLife – There’s some new concept art by Aimee Seaver for y’all to gawk at. :)
- FringeSpace – Thanks to Jim for letting me know about this one. It’s apparently a project to remake Tachyon: The Fringe in the Freespace engine. I love the idea.
- Stars of Call – On our forums, user Mutos let us know about a Naev total conversion that’s based on their original fictional universe. It looks pretty damned cool, and you can try it out for free.
- Ring Runner – There’s a great new video showing off a multiplayer match with bots, which I’ll embed below the cut.
- Bitfighter – This is a new free multiplayer space combat game over on Desura that looks kinda fun.
Now, in deals, there are a LOT to go over, so let’s dive in:
- Gratuitous Space Battles is having a free weekend on Steam, plus the game itself is 75% off, meaning the base game is $3.74 and the “complete” pack is $4.74. The discount isn’t on the latest DLC though.
- Lunar Flight (PC, Mac) is on sale at GetGames for 4.99.
- The Indie Gala Colossus bundle includes a copy of Galactic Civilizations 1: Ultimate Edition along with a buncha other games if you pay around $5 as I write this.
- Amazon is having a HUGE Farewell to February sale, which includes a few space games such as Space Empires 5 for $4.99, O.R.B. for $2.49 and Spacebar (which I’ve never heard of) for $1.24.
- While not technically a space game, Sword of the Stars: The Pit — from the folks who made the Sword of the Stars space games — is finally available and going for $8.99 on GamersGate. Initial impressions are quite mixed on this one.
Finally, in kinda-related news, one of the co-founders of the Unity engine, which a lot of space game devs are using these days, it seems, has left the company to make games on his own. Finally finally, Ziff-Davis closed down 1Up, UGO and GameSpy yesterday, all of which gave decent coverage to space games, so I wish all those folks luck in finding new gigs.
That’s it for today folks! Have an awesome weekend!
Continue reading “Spacey Gamey News and Dealsies 2/21-22/13: Random Bucket of Randomness” »
beyond beyaan, bitfighter, endless space, enemy starfighter, escaping titan, eve online, fringespace, galactic civilizations, gratuitous space battles, Lunar Flight, o.r.b., Ring Runner - Flight of The Sages, Rules of Engagement 2, Space Empires V, spacebar, star citizen, Star Conflict, star trek online, stardrive, starlife, stars of call, sword of the stars, Vendetta Online
Bring On the News!
Hey everyone, happy Friday! As this will very likely be the last thing I post before Christmas day, I wanted to wish all those who celebrate the holiday a joyous, fun, and present-filled holiday. :) Now let’s jump into some news and deals!
- First up the Emeny Starfighter site has been updated with two awesome videos showing some fun, short bits of the game. I’ll embed these below, but be sure to check ‘em out, especially the one showing things getting blowed up. ;)
- Okay, get this folks. There’s a new update for one of the Distant Worlds expansions, but not Legends, rather, Return of the Shakturi. That’s kinda crazy awesome. Apparently, “v220.127.116.11 update incorporates all the bug fixes and performance improvements from Distant Worlds: Legends,” which is pretty cool if you’ve not purchased Legends yet.
- Star Trek Online Community Manager Brandon “BranFlakes” Felczer was interviewed on the Deck Eight podcast.
- The Limit Theory Kickstarter has been updated with talk on creating a faction and a new tech demo, which I’ll embed below. Definitely looking awesome!
- Rock, Paper Shotgun has posted an excellent review of Drox Operative that anyone on the fence about getting the game needs to read.
- Iteration 14 of Void Destroyer has been released, which includes a new command mode, turret enhancements and more!
- The Vendetta Online folks have released their holiday newsletter, which offers some free time for previous subscribers and so on.
- The Star Conflict folks are now offering gold standards for victories in battles, which can be used as currency in the game it seems.
- Finally, the Elite: Dangerous Kickstarter has been updated with video of a scavenger hunt (embedded below) as well as some other useful links. Whoopiedeedoo.
Now onto deals, of which there are a bunch today. First off, GamersGate’s holiday sale seems to be in full force, and they have the following funness:
WHEW. Now, we’re not done yet, because DotEmu is also having a sale, which includes the following:
NOW we’re done, and I need a nap. ;) Again, have a wonderful and festive holiday folks, and thanks as always for visiting. :)
Get’cher Videos Right This Way, Folks!
dark matter, darkstar one, distant worlds, Distant Worlds - Return of the Shakturi, distant worlds legends, drox operative, elite: dangerous, enemy starfighter, galactic civilizations, galactic civilizations ii, galactic dream, gratuitous space battles, Independence War 2: Edge of Chaos, Independence War Deluxe Edition, limit theory, master of orion, master of orion 3, o.r.b., sins of a solar empire: rebellion, Space Empires IV, Space Empires V, Star Conflict, star fury, star trek online, stellar impact, Vendetta Online, Void Destroyer
IT OWNS YOU! ;)
The Steam Holiday Sale is ON LIKE DONKEY KONG, and here are all the spacey games I’ve been able to find (which is similar to the Thanksgiving sale in a lot of ways):
No go buy stuff! ;)
aces of the galaxy, ai war fleet command, Armada 2526, darkstar one, eve online, Evochron Mercenary, flotilla, galactic civilizations, galactic civilizations ii, Galaxy on Fire 2 HD, gratuitous space battles, Gratuitous Tank Battles, Lunar Flight, nexus the jupiter incident, sins of a solar empire: rebellion, sol exodus, Space Empires V, space pirates and zombies, star ruler, star wolves, Star Wolves 2, Star Wolves 3: Civil War, starpoint gemini, stellar impact, sword of the stars, Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter, x superbox
You Magnificent Bastard!
Edit 2:Updated as of Black Friday morning with more deals.
Edit 1: This looks like a handily dandily tool to keep track of this stuff. Hope y’all find it helpful. :)
And we’re off! Once again, Steam is giving us the opportunity to throw money at them with another huge sale, the Steam Autumn Sale! So big, it deserves its own post! ;) Now, I don’t know all of the deals as I don’t have the time or energy to go through EEEEEVERYTHANG, but here’s the spacey game deals I did find (and please feel free to mention others in the comments.
First off, there’s an indie games sale which includes the following spacey game deals:
- FTL for $9.99 or with its soundtrack for $13.98. This one could be glitchy since the sale just began.
- Gemini Wars for $11.99
- Gratuitous Space Battles Complete Pack for $9.49 (or 75% off the individual game and 50% off each piece of DLC). This one is a STEAL.
- Galaxy on Fire II HD for $9.99, which is fantastic.
- Endless Space for $14.99 for the Admiral Edition, $17.49 for the Emperor Special Edition, and $1.70 to upgrade the Admiral to the Emperor Edition.
As for individual games, the ones I know of so far are:
So go have at it! Have fun, spend responsibly, and enjoy! Good luck, and good hunting my friends.
aces of the galaxy, ai war fleet command, Armada 2526, endless space, Evochron Mercenary, FTL, galactic civilizations, galactic civilizations ii, galaxy on fire, gemini wars, gratuitous space battles, Lunar Flight, nexus the jupiter incident, sol exodus, Space Empires V, space pirates and zombies, star ruler, star wolves, Star Wolves 2, Star Wolves 3: Civil War, starpoint gemini, stellar impact, sword of the stars, Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter, x superbox
Tons of Space Games on Sale!
There are lots of sales of space games accross multiple digitial distribution sites today, such as:
- Show me the games — a site wherein all the proceeds from sales go to the developers — has games such as AI War: Fleet Command, Gratuitous Space Battles, Smugglers IV, Space Pirates and Zombies, Evochron Mercenary, and Starscape for 50% off each. Check out their sale page for more info.
- Impulse has quite a lot on sale today, including a Gratuitous Space Battles Collector’s Edition, an AI War Alien Bundle, an AI War/Gratuitous Space Battles Pack, Freespace 2, Independence War 2 – Edge of Chaos and a Master of Orion Collection.
- Finally, GamersGate has a ton of spacey goodness on sale, including Evochron Mercenary, a Space Empire Bundle with Space Empires IV and V, Star Ruler, Really Big Sky, Space Rangers 2 and its expansion Space Rangers 2 Reboot, Star Wolves 3: Civil War and a Mass Effect Complete bundle.
That’s a ton of sales, my friends, so if you’ve been putting off getting some of these amazing games, don’t dawdle and get ‘em while the getting’s good. Enjoy!
ai war fleet command, Evochron Mercenary, freespace 2, gratuitous space battles, Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2, master of orion, really big sky, Smugglers IV, Space Empires IV, Space Empires V, space pirates and zombies, Space Rangers 2, Space Rangers 2 Reboot, star ruler, Star Wolves 3: Civil War, Starscape