Haaaaaaaaaaay friends, happy hump day! We’re this much closer to the weekend, which means more games (for me, anyway)! ;) I’ve come to that point where X3: Albion Prelude is on my review list. I’ve not been a huge fan of the X games for a spell, but I’ll be giving this one a fair shake, and who knows, maybe being forced to stick with it for a spell might help endear me to it. Maybe if I approach it like Euro Truck Simulator 2 in space, I’ll have more fun with it. ;) Anyway, there’s news today, so let’s get to it!
- Dominion – Over on their Kickstarter — which I urge you to visit — there’s a new video of combat in the game, which I’ll embed below the cut.
- Ring Runner – According to their Kickstarter, the game’s soundtrack is now available! YAY! You can buy it on Bandcamp for $6 if you didn’t get it through Kickstarter (which I will be, can’t wait!). So far it’s really awesome. Also, they’ll be launching a new version of their website tomorrow.
- Starlight Inception – There’s a May update incoming, but they’ve let us know through Kickstarter that they’ve opened a shop with stuff you can buy. Wheee!
- Void of Darkness – There’s some new shots of the title screen, and a new video showing off mine launchers in the game over on IndieDB, which I’ll also embed below.
- Beyond Beyaan – There’s some new artwork showing off the race of Nurds (I have to say, I love it. :)
- Starsector – The dev has released several sketches of the game in progress which are fascinating to look at.
- EVE Online – A few stories here, first from The Mittani, who have word of the latest release of Retribution, as well as news of the latest Caldari offensive. VGN24/7 has coverage of the 3,000 Rifter anniversary battle we mentioned a little while back, which looks wackadoo. The article includes video, which I’ll embed below.
- StarDrive – There’s a new review on Polygon and…I’ll just leave it there…
- Star Citizen – The RSI folks apparently felt the need to clarify the whole lifetime insurance thing.
Finally, the Concept Ships blog has some lovely art from CPTXIN.
That’s it for now folks. Hope y’all are having a lovely day!
Continue reading “Spacey Game News 5/8/13: A Spritzing of News” »
All The News That’s Fit to…Oh…Radio…
Hellloooooo everyone, and happy Tuesday! Sorry about the lack of a news post yesterday, just too crazy with stuff, so I’ll get caught up today, and there’s a bunch to go over, so let’s get to it!
- Dominion – This Kickstarter has relaunched! Yay! There’s also a ton of updates, including an episode of Worlds (which, honestly, this is the first I’m hearing of, but will be embedded below), a 3D print of a model ship, an Imperial Worlds Catalog, a Maia crossover, a new reward tier and some concept ship art. Now that’s dedication folks, so head over and check ‘em out.
- Rodina – There’s a new trailer showing off some in-game combat both in orbit and in atmo. WANT NOW PLEASE.
- Void of Darkness – We have two new videos to watch on IndieDB, one on weapons and one of some general gameplay using the dynamic event system, both will be embedded below. There’s also a blog post on exploration which makes for great reading.
- StarDrive – Several more reviews, this time from Strategy Informer, Dealspwn, The Digital Fix and 7idgaming (in German). Thanks to cwilsons on the official StarDrive forums for helping find these.
- Earth Doom - I’ve never even heard of this game until today, but this IndieGoGo campaign is for a new version of an old browser-based text game of the same name.
- Star Trek Online – There’s a new preview and dev blog for Legacy of Romulus, and the game was also featured in Star Trek Magazine. Cool cool cool.
- Fringespace – I don’t know if I’ve reported on this before, but this is a mod/total conversion to make Freespace 2 into Tachyon: The Fringe, and you can see the awesomeness in these new Bora fighter models.
- X3: Reunion – The X3: Reunion DLC Bonus Package is available on Steam for free. Apparently – “This complete package contains all existing bonus plugins for users that own X3: Reunion.” Nifty.
- StarMade – The dev reports a new texture pack and performance improvements in the latest patches.
- EVE Online – Both the Escapist and VGN24/7 have articles on EVE’s 10th birthday. Happy belated birthday EVE Online! Oh, also, The Mittani has word that TEST left the HBC alliance. Eeep!
- Star Citizen – There’s a lovely picture of the ORIGIN 300i over on Facebook for y’all to gawk at. ;)
- AI War - There’s a new patch entitled “The Guard Before The Storm” which prepares the game for a NEW expansion entitled, “Vengeance of the Machine”. Hopefully we’ll learn more on that soon.
- And Here the Wheel – Not much to report according to this non-update update on the book based on Elite: Dangerous.
- OreSome – There’s a new post talking about the shipyard, among other things.
- Vendetta Online – There’s a new update which fixes framerate issues, tilting on tablets and other things…
That’s it! Whew! See y’all later folks, have a great day!
Continue reading “Spacey Game News 5/6-7/13: The Frantically Catching Up Edition” »
ai war fleet command, dominion, Earth Doom, elite: dangerous, eve online, fringespace, oresome, rodina, star citizen, star trek online, stardrive, Vendetta Online, void of darkness, x3 reunion
Bringin’ Back the Daily News…
Hello folks, and happy hump day! I hope you’re having an awesome day, and to add to that awesome, here’s some space game news! :) Enjoy!
- EVE Online – The official dev blog discusses changes to Navy ships in Odyssey. The Mittani has word on the SpaceMonkey Alliance losing 600+ billion ISK to dirty thieves.
- Elite: Dangerous – There’s a new issue of their newsletter out, which talks about freighters, procedural planet generation and so on.
- Star Citizen – Their press roundup this week is a vid of Chris Roberts’ SXSW presentation, which I’ll embed below the cut.
- StarMade – A pair of updates covering a symmetry build tool and flood/security fixes.
- Devinity – Thanks to Rock, Paper Shotgun for this. This is apparently a mod of Garry’s Mod in space, with NPCs, physics, planets, missions and so on! Check out the videos below!
- Star Trek Online – Apparently folks can expect new visits from the folks on New Romulus, which means new shuttlebays or some such.
- AI War – Another new patch to grace our presence, this time entitled “Defending The AI’s Front Lawn” which promises more “enthusiastic” AI.
- Dominion – The official site has a new post on salvage and exploration.
- Retrobooster – The dev has posted his impressions from GDC.
Finally today, in the deals arena, the Humble Bundle folks are having a weekly sale that includes four Blendo games, including the fun little space game Flotilla, which you can get for $1 currently.
That’s it folks! Have an awesome day!
Continue reading “Spacey Gamey Newsies & Dealies 4/10/13: A Light Day by Comparison” »
So Many Pieces of News…
Haaaaaaaayyyyy folks, happy Whenever-I-Finally-Post-This! ;) I hope these last weeks have found you all well, and less busy/tired than I’ve been. ;) I’ve just not had time to do the news (or much else) in the past several weeks. That’s a-changing though, for a couple of reasons. First, work is slowing down, so I’ll have more physical and mental energy to put toward the blog. Secondly, I found I was more productive on the blog before my awesome girlfriend moved in, so I’ve come up with the hopeful solution of setting aside certain nights of the week, and weekends when I have time, to dedicate time and energy solely to this blog. This should help me find a better balance and begin to put out content more regularly again. :)
As for news, let’s just dive in, as there’s a TON to go over (so much so I’m putting it under a cut):
Enjoy the Onslaught…
0x10c, ai war, And Here the Wheel, beyond beyaan, Distant Worlds: Shadows, dominion, drox operative, endless space, enemy starfighter, epic space game, eve online, FTL, Galactic Domination, Galaxy on Fire II HD, imperium galactica, Infinite Space 3: Sea of Stars, Kerbal Space Program, limit theory, OpenIG, oresome, predestination, rodina, rogue system, star citizen, Star Conflict, star trek online, stardrive, Starflight II, starlife, starmade, starsector, starstrategy, strike suit zero, Sword of the Stars II, Tradewars, Tradewars Rising, Vendetta Online, void of darkness, x rebirth
Hey everyone, happy Friday! It’s the weekend, and I might actually get to play some games for the first time in over a WEEK. I am going through physical withdrawal, so I NEED to get some gaming in, not only to make the shaking stop, but to put more content on the site. It’s been a CRAZY week! We recorded three podcasts this week, and it was totally, TOTALLY worth all the effort. :) With that said, let’s close the week out with some news. :)
That’s it for gamey news, but we’re not done! There are deals today as well. GetGames is having a Strategy Sale, which includes these space games:
Finally, in somewhat related news, over on SolCommand there’s an updated Blackstar ship model for your modeling use.
Oh, wait, you were wondering where the third podcast was, since we only released two this week. Sorry, silly me, I forgot to mention that WE TALKED TO CHRIS ROBERTS YESTERDAY! OMG! That podcast will go up on Monday, so stay tuned, and have an awesome weekend! ;)
Continue reading “Spacey Game News and Deals 3/8/13: Prepping for The Weekend” »
beyond beyaan, dominion, edge of space, endless space, eve online, galaxial, gemini wars, legends of pegasus, rodina, star citizen, stardrive, starpoint gemini
Glug Glug SO MUCH NEWS Glug
Hey folks, happy Wednesday! Sorry for the severe delay in, well, nearly everything, but I’ve had a HELLUVA week. I was out of town most of the weekend and had to put in several extra hours at work so I could take some time off today, but it’s all for a good reason. ;) Now I’m back in town and kinda rested up, and there’s a TON of news to go through, so let’s get to it…
- Star Citizen – There’s an update on the Clean Shot Shipping saga, a screenshot of a base head (no, really), and a video showcasing Sandi Gardiner Cloud Imperium’s VP of Marketing, which I’ll embed below the cut.
- Rogue System – There’s a new video showing off clips of combat and discussing the AI which will be embedded below. There are also updates on his Kickstarter talking about core ship systems and a new $150 tier.
- Homeworld – The teamPixel folks have no also launched a Kickstarter for their Homeworld Touch and Homeworld 3 pitches, and have video of the Touch version in action that I’ll embed below.
- Endless Space – According to their latest dev blog, the Virtual Awakening add-on will be released on March 11th. The post also has some other tibits about the expansion as well. There are also posts on new exploration events and new victory warnings.
- NASA Game Jam – According to Rock, Paper, Shotgun, the folks at NASA are a hosting a game jam this coming weekend to make games about space and science! Can’t wait to see what comes out of it. :)
- Drox Operative – There’s a new beta batch that alters Shadow cloaking, fixes bombs and other little fixes. There’s also a new review on Gaming Trend.
- Ring Runner – Sadly they didn’t win The Next Game Boss, but lead programmer Enrique Dryere thanks us for our support. There’s also a new video showing off ship customization which looks REALLY helpful to someone like me. ;) There’s also a video of an exclusive multiplayer reveal on MaskedGamer and one of the space city alpha build. These will all be embedded below. Finally there’s a preview of the game over on Indie Statik.
- Space Rangers HD – Thanks for Puce Moose on Gamers with Job for translating a Russian Tweet from the devs stating the release date for the game will be March 15th! Yay!
- Void of Darkness - There’s a new dev blog post on interface and combat notes. They also have a new combat test video, which I’ll embed below.
- Starsector – Eurogamer has a nice little preview of the game.
- EVE Online – The Mittani has a great article on revisiting bounty hunting one about loving faction war and one about music to play in the game. There’s also a new video showcasing the massive Battle of Asakai, which I’ll embed below.
- Star Conflict – The Mittani also has a review of this game, which I should actually play some more.
- AI War – The latest patch, called “Nemesis of the Dubious Honor“, deals with champion AI and other things.
- StarLife – There are new posts showcasing some music, diplomacy and a custom race screen.
- Strike Suit Zero – As I said in the most recent podcast, Born Ready Games released a massive patch that adds checkpoint saves, difficulty settings, a cockpit view and revises the targeting. I might actually play this again. ;)
- Kinetic Void – There’s a new update on their Kickstarter page showing off some of the game’s new art, which looks lovely. There’s also a development update I somehow missed. :/ Sorry folks.
- Space Explorer – The owner of the SolCommand site let us know that a user named “Leocesar” is working on a new game, which looks awesomely Homeworldesque, and you can see a video of it after the cut. ;) You can read about it also on the Unity forums. They also have some new models to be used in your upcoming space games. ;)
- StarMade – There’s a new blog post on IndieDB about preloading surrounding sectors, which sounds like an awesome idea.
- Starflight II – The CRPG Addict has begun his extensive look at the game, which I can’t wait to see more of.
- FreeOrion – Thanks to Free Gamer for letting us know that a new version of FreeOrion has recently been released, which improves the AI, includes many GUI enhancements and so on. There are also some YouTube vids showing off the game, the playlist to which I’ll embed below.
- Dominion – There’s a new piece of concept art on their website.
- Kerbal Space Program - There’s a new fan video showing us the story of Kerballo 13. ;) It’ll also be embedded below.
And you thought we were done?! HAH! We still have some deals to go over! These include:
ALMOST THERE. You can now but an unofficial Serenity LEGO set, which looks amazing. FINALLY, there’s an amazing article by John Shafer about how diplomacy works in his 4X game that I’d LOVE to see adapted to space 4X games.
THAT’S it. I need a drink. Or several. *collapse*
This Way for a BOATLOAD if Videos…
ai war fleet command, Armada 2526, beat hazard ultra, dominion, drox operative, endless space, eve online, Homeworld, Kerbal Space Program, kinetic void, miner wars 2081, Ring Runner - Flight of The Sages, rogue system, space explorer, Space Rangers HD A War Apart, star citizen, Star Conflict, starflight 2 trade routes of the cloud nebula, starlife, starmade, starsector, strike suit zero, void of darkness
Insert Serious Newsy Music Here
Hey y’all, happy Friday! Sorry about the lack of news yesterday, but this week has been CRAAAAAAAAAZY. I’ve barely even had time to PLAY anything, let alone anything else. Ah well, it happens, but the weekend is here, which won’t leave much time for gaming for ME (goin’ out of down for a day or two), but I hope it does for you folks. ;) There’s a buncha newsy stuff since I missed yesterday, so let’s dive into it!
- EVE Online – From the official site, they report that the game has been featured in Applied Design at the Modern Museum of Art, and a dev blog about shaping the game’s future. Eurogamer reports that the game now has over 500,000 subscribers. Wow. Finally, The Mittani has excellent articles on nerfling HiSec trying to make it too safe, Caldari’s recent vulnerabilities and a falling out in [LOST], one of the game’s largest corps. Whew!
- Rogue System – There’s a new video showing off more of a fighter’s startup sequence. There’s also a video of their segment on Alive and Kicking about their Kickstarter. Great stuff, and as always, embedded after the cut. Speaking of, their Kickstarter could totally use more love, so if you haven’t yet, please go check it out.
- Freespace 2 – The latest version of Freespace Open has been released! This apparently fixes a damage scaling bug in the previous version. Get it now!
- Star Citizen – First off, there’s a lovely new screenshot of a Drake Cutlass over on Facebook, Then, on the official site, there’s a new episode of “The Lost Generation” for y’all to read, as well as a new fan spotlight on some great fan sites.
- Limit Theory – There’s a new dev update video for February that shows off sounds and weapons and missiles, oh my! Can I have this game yet? Please?
- Endless Space – There’s a new dev blog entry showing off screnshots of a new Endless hero, who looks a lot like they’re from TRON, honestly. ;) There’s also a video showing off the early stages from the game from OfficialStuffPlus. Finally, my buddy RobC04 has a review of the game on his blog, in which he calls me “Darth Rubin” for saying the game has no soul. What a saucy bastard. Or something. ;) I command you all to head over there and harass him promptly! ;)
- Void of Darkness – There’s a new blog entry on the progress of their combat prototyping. There’s also an update trying to answer gamers’ questions about the game.
- Deep Space Settlement – So I saved this screenshot of a shipyard from a Twitter feed, and I’m PRETTY SURE it’s for this game, but not 100%. There needs to be a better way to do this…
- StarLife – There are new screenshots of the game’s race selection screen. Looks like it’s all coming together nicely. :)
- Star Trek Online – There’s a new dev article covering the B’rel retrofit. Totally love that Bird of Prey. Then there’s another blog looking at some new mission entries in the foundry.
- Kerbal Space Program – You can now use a Paysafecard to buy the full version of the game, which you totally should, by George…
- Galactose – There’s a new video showing off some updated graphics, which just look lovely. I also have a preview in the pipe for this one, so stay tuned. And yes, the game really is that crazy. ;)
- X3 – There’s a new update to Albion Prelude and Terran Conflict on Steam which fixes Japanese translation and localization.
- Star Conflict – There’s a new update that adds a new PVP mode called Detonation which sounds fun.
- Dominion – There’s a new post on rendering stars in the game.
- OreSome – There’s a new update on IndieDB which includes a video plus some recent patch notes.
Moving onto deals, we have one today. Armada 2526 Gold Edition has made its way on Steam, and is on sale at 15% off for $16.99. Wait wait, there’s one more deal, it’s Sword of the Stars 2: Enhanced Edition for $4.99 on Gamestop.
Next, in kinda related news, there are some lovely new models over on SolCommand, and gorgeous art of a docked ship by Jamie Jones on the Concept Ships blog.
Finally, this isn’t related at all, but the developer of the scary looking FPS Ghostship asked for help in promoting his game, and considering this cool looking game was made by one guy, how could I say no, so there ya go. :)
That’s it folks! I hope you have an excellent day and a wonderful weekend!
Continue reading “Spacey Game News and Deals 2/28-3/1/13: WEEEEEKEND YEAHHHHHHHH *guitar riff*” »
Armada 2526 Gold Edition, Deep Space Settlement, dominion, endless space, eve online, freespace 2, Galactose, Kerbal Space Program, limit theory, oresome, rogue system, star citizen, Star Conflict, star trek online, starlife, sword of the stars ii: enhanced edition, void of darkness, x3 albion prelude, X3: Terran Conflic
Hello, and happy Monday! I hope y’all had a great weekend! Mine was alright, I’m not feeling awesome, and the girlfriend had a fever, so it wasn’t as awesome as it could’ve been, but we did get a lot of West Wing (girlfriend’s first runthrough) and The Wire (my first time through) in. ;) Aaaanyway, you’re not here to read me ramble (and if you are, [insert whichever diety/dieties you believe in here] help you), you’re here for NEWS, so here it is! (Remember, videos will be after the cut.)
- Vendetta Online – There’s a new video talking about large-scale AI in the game to make it more dynamic.
- EVE Online – The CCP folks are doing a mass test on Singularity this Wednesday, and whoever is involved in helping squash the bug they’re looking for will get 2 million skill points.
- StarDrive – There’s a new developer’s update over on Facebook which fixes a lot of small bugs for the latest version of the game, 0.95.
- CLR – The devs of this game wrote me and let me know, among other things, that there’s a Steam Greenlight page for the game with videos and stuff that look pretty cool! There are two videos on this one, which will be below.
- Ring Runner – There’s a new update on Kickstarter about some of their community involvement as well as a sneak peak on the upcoming game update. Yo dawg, we heard you like updates…
- Stars! Nova – Was just informed of this update or remake of Stars!, which looks pretty nifty. Hasn’t been updated in ages, though. :/
- Dominion – There’s a new blog entry about a camera attachment that lets you take pictures anywhere you want in the game.
- Miner Wars 2081 – Wanna see what this game looked like back in 2001 when it was first conceived? Check out the early video. Wow.
- Rogue System - There’s a new update about their upcoming Kickstarter campaign, which should start in a bit more than a week! Yay!
- Lunar Flight – The game’s author posted a new update about the game’s future, including the addition of multiplayer. THAT’LL be fun to watch, at least. ;)
- Edge of Space – There’s a new weekly update over on the game’s forum about how the game is coming along.
- Deep Space Settlement – There’s a new screenshot of a standalone turret, which is SO PRETTY.
- StarStrategy – Remember this one? Well he’s not updated his blog in ages, but you can now download .11 of the game over on SpaceSimCentral’s forums, as well as see some new screenshots and read the changelog on the actual blog.
- Predestination – There’s a new video of planetary colonization and such that looks really awesome. Thanks 4xgamer!
- Freespace 2 – Last but certainly not least, there’s a new version of Freespace Open over on Hard Light Productions for all you awesome folks still playing FS2. ;)
Now, in kinda related news, Chris Roberts interviewed Chris Taylor of Gas Powered Games about his Wildman Kickstarter campaign in a new segment on the Star Citizen type entitled “Game Changers”. Finally, the devs of the space 4x board game Hegemonic asked me to promote the final hours of their Kickstarter campaign, so here we are. ;)
That’s it for today folks! Thanks for reading, and have a lovely day!
Continue reading “Space Game News 2/4/13: Not That Manic a Monday” »
clr, Deep Space Settlement, dominion, eve online, freespace 2, freespace open, Lunar Flight, miner wars 2081, predestination, Ring Runner - Flight of The Sages, star citizen, stardrive, stars! nova, starstrategy, Vendetta Online
The Weekend! YAY! Don’t Drown! ;)
Heeeeeeeeeeey friends, happy Friday! The weekend is finally upon us!! WWOOHOO! What are y’all playing this weekend? I dunno about y’all, but I am TIIIIRED. I need another weekend to lead up to this weekend. ;) Anyway, you’re not here for my charming banter (or maybe you are, in which case, you’re welcome ;), you’re here for the freaking news, so let me drop some on y’all…
Now, in somewhat related-to-space-game news, there’s a new panel entitled “What Does Ancient Earth Tell Us?” over on the Broken Crown Games forum. Then, in an interview with Ironclad (the folks behind the Sins of a Solar Empire games), they apparently feel as if the RTS genre is dying. Is that news, really? The Escapist thinks so, and thanks to ‘em. ;)
Finally, in deals, GOG is having a random weekend sale that includes Darkstar One for $3.99. Finally, there’s a new bundle called the Green Light Bundle that includes Aeon Command (of which I’ll have a review up next week) for any price over $5 apparently.
That’s it folks! Have a wonderful day and weekend!
Continue reading “Spacey Game News and Deals 2/1/13: Bring On the Weekend!” »
Aeon Command, ai war fleet command, darkstar one, dominion, drox operative, edge of space, eve online, star citizen, Star Conflict, starmade, strike suit zero
I’ve Got The Whole…News…In My Hands…
Hellloooo everyone, and happy hump day! I hope y’all are having a lovely week thus far, and to hopefully add some spaceship shininess to your day, here’s a buncha news for your eyes to feast upon! Plenty of vids today too, so they’ll all be embedded after the cut.
- Star Citizen – The folks on the official site want’cha to meet Chris Smith, new 3D Artist on the gam, and I’ll embed the video below .They also plan live chats with specific members of their dev team I think going on right now. The Concept Ships blog also has some concept art from the game, some (all?) of which we’ve seen. Finally, there’s a new screenshot of a carrier and some squadrons on Facebook that is GORGEOUS.
- Star Trek Online – Several posts about their upcoming third anniversary today, including specific ships, events, and a reveal video over on PC Gamer — which has Denise Crosby, apparently.
- EVE Online – The Mittani has a couple of articles for us today, one on EVE role playing, and a video interview with Tempelman N, head of the Bombers Bar corporation.
- FTL – The Mittani also have a review of the game on their site.
- Beyond Beyaan – Two Kickstarter updates for us, one regarding reaching 20% of his funding goal (yay!) and the other on some new tiers.
- Deep Space Settlement – There’s a new video showing off the creation of a factory station. Can I have this game yet? Like, now? ;)
- Strike Suit Zero – The folks at The Pixel Press have both a textual review and a video review. Wowie.
- Endless Space – The Amplitude folks are having an Automoton ship design competition that you can enter. The prize is a signed artbook. Cool!
- SkyJacker – Over on Kickstarter, the devs have detailed exactly where their newfound money will be going. I love that kinda transparency.
- Drifter – Yet another screenshot, this time of some angry battle. PEW PEW!
- Dominion – These folks have some lovely new high-res planet screenshots to show y’all.
- Spatial Flux – Just found this one on Kickstarter today. It’s a “pixel art style text adventure set in space”. It’s got spaceships though, so there ya go…;)
Finally, just to let y’all know, tomorrow night I’ll be doing a live interview with Tyler Yohe of Broken Crown Games about their upcoming game, Escaping Titan, over Google Hangout. I’ve never done a Google Hangout interview before, let ALONE a live interview, so this’ll be interesting, and of course you’re all invited. Once I figure out where the heck it’ll be I’ll put the link up here and on Facebook and Twitter. Hope to see some of y’all there. :)
That’s it for today folks. Thanks for visiting and reading!
Continue reading “Spacey Game News 1/30/12: Video Deluge” »
beyond beyaan, Deep Space Settlement, dominion, drifter, endless space, escaping titan, eve online, FTL, skyjacker, spatial flux, star citizen, star trek online, strike suit zero